1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

Just stunning. Embarrassed to say mine are still unworn and in the back of the closet. They will be a "new" pair for me to wear in Fall 2015. These pics have me looking forward to then already.

Yes it was. I thought the shoes really popped with those socks and on that background.

2. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I have tons of boot socks in medium and thick that are great for my boots fitted to take them...all of my Alden boots I sized like my shoes...seems that is what many do here also... My feet freeze here in the north jerz when I wear dress socks with my Alden boots... I have some thin wool socks, they do better than dress cotton. Thinking I may have to sell a few commando pair and replace them with a size wider when the opportunity presents itself.

Is there such a thing is warm thin sock? I can go up a thickness from traditional dress socks but my medium thickness socks feel too snug.

3. z8k1n

z8k1n Well-Known Member

Stellar!

1 person likes this.
  4. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

5. thromb

thromb Well-Known Member

I'm assuming this is Yenni formerly of JGilbert? No shell in the works but lots of really interesting makeups listed. Wish they had pics to go with.

edit: or perhaps it's affiliated with JGilbert?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  6. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Well-Known Member

Excited for it to open and glad I have an excuse for work to fly up to Seattle regularly.

7. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

not sure if been posted but natty cxl SWB on modified now avail at moulded

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Well-Known Member

Glad you appreciated it.
    The front desk lady at the hotel seemed a bit skeptical about the guy bent over taking pictures of his feet.

9. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

These look so good. I remember staring at that Leffot preorder offering, trying to decide between these and the Greenwich boots.

10. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! How long did it take for delivery? Any extra fees?

Felt bad that I reported mine took 3 days without ANY hassles or extra fees, then at least one gentleman on the thread had his saddles stopped and/or hit with duty.

11. BenLeaman

Thanks. I purchased them Sunday evening and they arrived today. Much to my surprise, the UPS guy said "sign here" and walked away after handing me my box. No fees :slayer:

12. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

B, I plan on getting year round use out of these. I'm still getting used to the look of the Grant last, but for the most part it's pretty cool. I just wish the commando was slightly beefier around the front part of the boot (or that the welt came a tiny bit further out from the shoe).

13. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

Sunday night purchase to Wednesday on the porch: that was exactly my scenario. It had me looking on their site again that evening!

14. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

thanks for the kind words gentlemen. Yes, atoms on tremont last from leffot. @Owlbass , it was a small run from years ago. very difficult to find a pair now.

15. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

pretty sweet photo. i love the saddles.
    great boots. i've been waiting to wear mine, they look so nice and crispy clean.

16. BenLeaman

There are only a few shoes which I covet more than your J. Crew color 8/suede saddles. These are just making up for the fact that I can't have those :)

17. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

I have a pair of those color 8/snuff suede saddles too and I can confirm they're worth coveting (sorry, not trying to rub it in). I still remember randomly checking the JCrew site one day and - boom - there they were. Ordered them on the spot based on how great they looked in the photos. I think they were sold out a day or two later. It's one of the only 10D Barrie's I'm not getting rid of (along with my cigar LWBs and color 4/black shell saddles).

18. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

This is the Yenni of JGilbert. She left JGil on January 31st to start her own endeavor with the support of Adam, so yeah, not really affiliated with John Gilbert's gig. She is looking to do a store like Leffot for the North-West. Excited to see what she gets going!

-Mike

1 person likes this.
  19. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Guys, you all looked superb today. Need to sleep now, hope to catch up soon!

1 person likes this.
  20. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Quote:So I guess thats why response's have been pretty slow and slim. I assume all the makeups currently through JGilbert will still be JGilbert. The new store sounds pretty neat. I remember seeing the AoC site had makeups referring to JGilbert. Hopefully they will do well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.