• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the happened to these?! Looks like they were put through a mangler.

Last edited:

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you happen to have a bigger picture? They look odd, but my vision isn't that great!

-M

Haha sorry - I actually fixed it slightly prior to you commenting.

Looks like they were put in the washing machine & dryer. Maybe some time in a microwave too.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the happened to these?! Looks like they were put through a mangler.

Looks like they spent some time in a washing machine or someone got caught in the rain (torrential downpour) and then allowed them to dry au natural, that and they have never met a shoe tree.

bfisher690

Reaction score
Still looking around for a few pairs of shoes. I always seem to just miss them...

Cigar or ravello Indys in 9d

cigar, ravello or whiskey PTB's or chukkas in 9e or 9.5d. Used is just fine. Something about beggars...

; )

Anyone seen a pair or wants to move one along?

Brian

seasquirrel

Reaction score

Your question on the AF124 alpine grain LWBs may have been lost with the arrival of the #2 pics. I am also looking at adding these when they are available. Any feedback and thoughts from the forum is appreciated.

Thanks. Yeah, bad timing posting a question around those cool #2's! :)

Anyway, I pulled the trigger yesterday and sent a check to Adam for the AF124 (alpine LWB on commando) and AF120 (brown cxl PT boot on commando). I thought I was done buying Aldens for a while, but I think that now puts me at 5 pre-orders that I'm waiting for. (wallet says ouch)

Joel

chewbocka

Reaction score
Still looking around for a few pairs of shoes. I always seem to just miss them...

Cigar or ravello Indys in 9d

cigar, ravello or whiskey PTB's or chukkas in 9e or 9.5d. Used is just fine. Something about beggars...

; )

Anyone seen a pair or wants to move one along?

Brian
Let me know if you find any 9D shell chukkas!

Oh and call Alden SF, I think they have a 9.5D Cigar chukka ;)

REguy

Reaction score

Thanks. Yeah, bad timing posting a question around those cool #2's! :)

Anyway, I pulled the trigger yesterday and sent a check to Adam for the AF124 (alpine LWB on commando) and AF120 (brown cxl PT boot on commando). I thought I was done buying Aldens for a while, but I think that now puts me at 5 pre-orders that I'm waiting for. (wallet says ouch)

Joel

If you're having to wait for the alpine LWB, why don't you just order it from Alden San Fran? Alden has had this as a stock shoe for quite some time...

http://www.aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=170&ParentID=3&PageID=&Action=

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score
So I got home today after wearing my chukka's most of the day. On of my dogs greets me and then does a stretch at my feet and catches my shoe with his claw
1f621.png

I was not impressed. He left a small gouge in it.
Gave them a wipe down, brushing, a boneing and then a buffing. I think it turned out okay. Looks better than it did.
There is however a nice slice in the hide
1f614.png

Guess it will add to the character of the boots over time.

qu4aze7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got home today after wearing my chukka's most of the day. On of my dogs greets me and then does a stretch at my feet and catches my shoe with his claw
1f621.png

I was not impressed. He left a small gouge in it.
Gave them a wipe down, brushing, a boneing and then a buffing. I think it turned out okay. Looks better than it did.
There is however a nice slice in the hide
1f614.png

Guess it will add to the character of the boots over time.

qu4aze7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good work.

FENWAY

Reaction score
The 'Bootmaker Edition' stamping is often used by The Shoe Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads