1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Well-Known Member

@seasquirrel , are those the Winn Perry model? Very nice!

2. chewbocka

chewbocka Well-Known Member

Has anyone had shell that begins to hurt their feet after prolonged use? After a year or so of wearing shell Aldens 3 times a week my feet have either grown or my 9D barries have always been too small and are only now starting to be uncomfortable in the toe box area.

My 9D trubalance Indys seem to be perfectly sized so I'm thinking I might need a 9E barrie. Then again the Indy is CXL so it might be softer with more wiggle room.

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Dumb question coming but have you upgraded socks? I have as my shoe buying has increased and some prior perfect fitting shoes are now snug...no pain though.

Also my foot grew, expanded got fatter..whatever as I hit around 27 to 30 years old...so foot expansion is possible....

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  4. breck81

breck81 Well-Known Member

Got my Frans Boone Suede/Chamois Saddles. Im in love with the aesthetics and durability of the leathers. So good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. zbix

zbix Well-Known Member

@chewbocka @Kahuna75 Are you a runner? It's fairly common to hear about guys having their feet become wider and flatter due to running.

6. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

These look great! I have a pair of reverse chamois Indy boots that I never wear but seeing the pictures of the reverse chamois well broken in is making me want to change that.

7. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Quote:You wouldn't happen to be an 11D would you? Been debating those and then they disappeared.

8. breck81

In these I was. I usually go 10.5E, but they only had D so I went 11D. The fit is actually great! Not to rub it in;)

9. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

I almost kopped this makeup! Looks perfect, congrats.

10. Kahuna75

My foot actually went from size 11 at age 17 to size 13 by age 30....in my twenties I played a ton of basketball and jogged regular probably up to age 27....since age 30 I have done none of those but I am pretty sure my weight gain has helped keep my feet expanded :)

11. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Quote:Out of all the sizes left. Ha. Its ok. Just with the Euro so low its very tempting. Guess I'll just have to keep my natural shell now.

12. 90shilling

90shilling Well-Known Member

Dayam...these are underrated and get better each time I see them. Really handsome shoe.

13. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Well-Known Member

Nice shoes but love that you have skis and a board at work. Is that your profession or does everyone WY have gear handy? [​IMG]

14. thromb

thromb Well-Known Member

Great looking saddles breck! Ive been eyeing those for a while and the favorable exchange rates are about to make me pull the trigger...

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Brek, great looking shoe! The eyelets look like they are right on top of each other though. Is the fit good?

16. breck81

Thanks! Its my profession. I work in the ski industry so i have my skis close by for ski breaks and what not. However even those who don't work directly in the industry have their gear pretty close by. Never know when you will need em.

17. breck81

Thanks! No regrets here!
    Thanks. I agree!
    Fit feels great to me!
    Yeah after all said and done, they were not that much higher than any other alden shoe of this leather and style bought stateside. I fell in love with the chamois/suede combo and didnt want to pass up.

18. chewbocka

chewbocka Well-Known Member

Actually I do run as my main method of fitness. About 3-4 miles, 4x a week, but that hasn't really changed over the last year.

I haven't upgraded socks and I wear some thin, cheapy BR socks. I know thicker socks would provide more padding, but I figured since the shoes are now running small that it would be a double negative. I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

I have flat and sorta wide feet, but when I tried on the barrie last it felt perfect.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  19. postal007

postal007 Well-Known Member

How do you get in touch with Frans? I keep trying to email info@fransboonestore.com and I either get a bounceback (via gmail) or never get a response. Is there an email contact that gets checked regularly? I wanted to ask about the Dr Jones #8 boot if they're getting restocked at some point.

20. Kahuna75

That's what I meant figuring you may have gotten nicer socks and that caused the tightness....yeah getting thicker socks will probably make it worse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.