1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Beginning to wonder if I chose the wrong Natty LWB makeup... looking good my friend!

A solid and under-appreciated makeup my friend; very well done! From where did you acquire these beauties?

If this is the used pair of 10D's that I passed on a week or two ago from Ebay, I am devastated C. Sweet work my friend!!

A timeless classic my friend... enjoy those beauties!

I've never tried them DonL, but I may need to the next time I'm at an Alden dealer. Well done my friend!

The denim and socks are nice, but the shade and edge/welt combination are perfect. I need this pair! Enjoy them often and in great health my friend!

Wow, they really do look different with a lighting change. I really do need these!

Goo god those are spectacular! Pascal just called to let me know these tankers just arrived but with black edge and welt. I passed on them after looking at these! Enjoy them often my friend!

I think this recent batch of Whiskey LWBs are just what I'm looking for, not too light, but not ravello. You wear them quite well my friend!

2. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

Stapleton Shoe Co, in downtown NYC on Trinity place has closed their main store, after 40+ years. They're a seller of Alden calf and shell stock models. Shame - a real old school shoe store has closed. The building was sold and is being fit for condo use.

The front of the store had one of those deep glass showcases which provided for great window shopping. They don't make them like that anymore.

Their smaller store on Rector remains open.

3. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  4. katch

katch Well-Known Member

I work very close to Stapleton and went into their smaller location last week.. Their larger location's showcase and carpet is a real throwback.

5. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

Thanks Rydenfan!

6. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I am a style buffoon overall and my wardrobe is man-ly casual...cords and chinos...aka khaki's worn with flannel shirts and long sleeve henleys, thermals etc...nearly all of my winter wear are of the dark colored nature...black, navy, olive, slate, khaki, shades of brown(darker browns)

So my question is will these below boots look ridiculous with the pants? Do I need lighter pants? ( they just arrived at my house from Alden's repair shop so I will see them in a few hours)

[​IMG]
    This is not me but something that I would be wearing just with darker pants...and much better shoes...

[​IMG]

7. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

Mouldedshoe has some shell boots on modified last in (they are now on IG @mouldeshoe)

They also have the #8 indy on modified in a 7, 8, 11, 11.5 and 13.

Best advice is to go with your barrie size for the modified last.

8. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Well-Known Member

Wow, never knew they sold Alden.

9. TommyB

TommyB Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a Whiskey Dover? I really like the Whiskey PTB but I would like a Dover even more, just not sure if that's a combination one can expect to be made?

10. rosslovethreads

rosslovethreads Well-Known Member

Someone posted (a while back) a description of the modified last and how it fits... I'm really interested in it. I over probate super bad, so any support is appreciated.

11. TO Tie Guy

AoM just posted a photo of the Whiskey NST shoe that was just dropped (all sold out at pre-order). Great shade. Congrats to all who kopped. One of my favourite pairs (too bad it gets so little wear!)

12. chrisefi

chrisefi Well-Known Member

Haha, thanks! A little deer bone and a little edge trim polish and I might be alright!

Good tip! Definitely made a big difference.

I saw! How was it? It's easily the most complimented shoe I've worn. The color stands out I guess...

13. movoblast

movoblast Well-Known Member

When was the preorder for this? Gosh I feel like I have to constantly keep up with this thread to even have a chance at the rarer rare shells. Greatly brings down my productivity [​IMG]

14. zennypoo

zennypoo Well-Known Member

Email was sent out 6/11/14, I would guess submitted to Alden by the end of the same week. Ravello wingtip boot, whiskey Indy, cigar LHS, cigar and ravello LWB were also on this order.

-D

15. TO Tie Guy

That Whiskey Indy.. one of my biggest regrets not grabbing one when they had one in my size years ago!

16. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

I had a chance to get on either whiskey NST shoes or whiskey Indy recent run from AoM and decided to pass.. Of course I'm kicking myself for that, damn.

17. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Whiskey Indy. Dang I'm gonna be jealous when those show up.

18. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

other than the LHS on that list, I'd have been in for all the rest.. would have been an expensive month

19. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

No, no, and no.

Those boots are in for repair; not for sale.

Indys are on Trubalance;

Modified last sizing is unique. It is not as simple as "same as barrie" for most feet. It is best to be fitted in that last. I'm a 1/2 size down in length and a letter up in width from barrie, in shoes. Boots fit differently as well.

20. Profligate47

Profligate47 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Commando

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.