1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

Can't believe I waited so long to make my first foray into the world of whiskey:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll likely walk around Yorkville and see what I can find. The Park Hyatt will be a stop.
    I believe I have previously been on queen west. I think that is the street that has the graffiti alley one block over?

Thread derail: I photographed from the pier where your avatar pic was taken...
    [​IMG]

3. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

I just bought a second run of them. Here. They have 15% off today. Free shipping in US. Just search for them. The first batch was from the Bureau Belfast.

http://www.stbernardsports.com

-Mike

4. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Those are great. Whiskey is a phenomenal shade of Shell.

5. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

I would be more than glad to do that, but you will need to bear with me for a week as I don't have access to them at the moment.

I don't have a Ravello SWB yet, but should soonish. But I can take a pic of the Whiskey SWB and LWB next to each other. They have a different presence to them due to their lasts. Even with a 10.5B on the Barrie.

-Mike

6. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

I have to LOL at the shipping rates to Toronto. $30 socks, $40 to ship them.

The actual shipping cost for a pair of socks is probably closer to $4.00

7. stevefok

stevefok Well-Known Member

Have you contacted Kathy and see if she could give you some discount on that?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  8. tampatravel

tampatravel Well-Known Member

Hat tip to @mdubs for being a Cyber Monday enabler :D

A pair of CHUPs coming my way as well.

I did manage to pick up some $1 socks from Uniqlo yesterday so the average price of all of them together is justifiable I'd say.

9. zennypoo

zennypoo Well-Known Member

Here is a comparison of SWB and LWB. Both #8 shell on barrie last, both are the same size. Please excuse the poor indoor lighting. SWB is much sleeker to me, with finer broguing and an overall dressier appearance.

-D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. tampatravel

tampatravel Well-Known Member

11. movoblast

movoblast Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any updates on the daytrippers?
    For the guys who bought #8 plaza indys over from Frans, was it worth the premium?What did all the extraneous fees add up to be?

12. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Haven't heard anything yet from Leffot. When I was in store, they had no news, and I don't think they exactly get updates. Kathy got her run in about 4 weeks before Leffot did. Not that that is a perfect reference.

My Frans Boots were about $800 to the door with trees included. Not too bad.

-Mike

13. chantheman

chantheman Well-Known Member

whoa. how many years has it been since color 2 been available?

14. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    whiskey lwb, whiskey tremont sw, whiskey aberdeen sw, ravello nst

1 person likes this.
  15. chrisefi

chrisefi Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Couple care questions. I want to make sure that I have what I need and am prepared. I've seen the videos on YouTube and I've read the FAQ in this thread, but I've heard a bit of contradictory info by reading through here as well:

1.) Want to water"proof" (or at least repel water) and have what I need to clean Suede boots from Alden. What do I need? Suede brush? What type of cleaner/repellent? What steps do I take? I am starting with a new pair out of the box and want to know whether they need anything from day 1 and then how often to care for them or what to do if they get wet or if someone steps on them, drops something oil-based, etc.

2.) Shell boots. From what I understand it's wet and brush a little, deer bone, brush like crazy, use Saphir Reno, brush like crazy, and then some people say use alden wax some say don't? Some people also say avoid Saphir on cordovan? I know the Mac method seems to be brush and not use any chemicals except once every 15 wearings? Again, I'm assuming from day 1 with 3 hours of indoor wear on a carpet, wiping off a little of the excess cordovan residue from production and not really touching them for quite a few wears.

Where does leather defender come into play? Alden paste wax?

16. chrisefi

chrisefi Well-Known Member

Awesome photo! Consistent whiskey shades. Thanks for posting! Is it just me or is blucher > bal every day of the week? Personal preference, but I feel like that's Alden's look. Bals make me think Carmina, EG or even AE's. I know that's probably just me.

17. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

thanks for the kind words gentlemen.
    chan, 20 pairs of color 2 lwbs were sold earlier this year. don't think they had been offered prior, not likely to be offered again soon.
    thats a nice ravello shade donl. nice combo.
    very nice shoes dubs. put me down for some socks too, those look great.
    love the hallecks ben.

18. Shawnc

Shawnc Well-Known Member

Halleck's are amazing. Where did you pick up the Four Seasons? I've never seen that in Wine & Spirits in Pgh.

19. Shawnc

Shawnc Well-Known Member

I hear ya, but be glad that you can even purchase spirits in Costco. As a Pa resident, we have very few options. Whenever I visit the grandchildren in Tampa, first stop my son and I make from the airport is SAMs Club for some Glenlevit 18 and a bottle of Chopin. Prices are so much better than Pa. Not even close.

20. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

I want them all in Cigar and Ravello....:embar:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.