• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

king chukkas
cashmere otc

dslonghorn4

Reaction score
First Alden shells. Ravello cap toe boots. Still amazed at people that have 20+ Aldens. To each their own but I like to wear my shoes more than 1x/month.

jkiu

Reaction score
Santa came early this year!

No. 4 captoe boots (thanks to JAS7280. I think you're mad for selling them, but I'm glad you did!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
)

Natty CXL Indy

blackboard_knowledge

Reaction score
Now, I have been ignoring these sort of posts as much as the next person, but I just received a new pair of Unionmade Indy Stevenson boots in Natural Chromexcel, and there is a bulge on the right boot.

I own a lot of pairs of Indys, and have never experienced this before. Do you consider this a manufacturing issue worthy of a return? It just seems crazy to me to have a flaw like this at this price point, but perhaps you all can provide better perspective. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

aldenwear

Reaction score
Aldenwear, you do not recall correctly you have confused me with someone else. My dogs are not big, and I did not make "an extensive strike earlier this year". I am a relative newcomer here who merely expects a degree of common courtesy in matter such as being allowed to participate in pre orders.

I understand that Mike has expended significant amounts of time and effort in this matter. He posted the idea here and I jumped in immediately. Are you suggesting that I am not a "reliable confirm" merely because I have no history with prior preorders.

I've no bias either for or against you, but your post smacks of elitism and exclusion of new members.
My apologies for confusing your situation with another member. I was mistaken.

Of course I was not suggesting you were not a reliable confirm. I have no idea whether or not you have participated in preorders or any other particulars and I was not trying to comment about that or make any other assumptions. I was merely trying to make the point that others have made, apparently more clearly, that if the circumstance is such that a preorder appears to be available and it must be limited, that opening it up here is not going to be workable for the reasons beatleguese and others have given. There is more demand for Alden cordovan shoes in the specialty colors than there is supply. While that is the case, some will get at certain times and others will not get at those times. What I have found is that, while it may take a while, everyone gets some and no one gets all.

aldenwear

Reaction score
First good pair of shoes -- Church's black calf shortwings

First pair of Aldens -- bought black cordovan and King 8 cordovan captoe bluchers at the same time

First cordovan Alden -- see above.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First good pair of shoes -- Alden x J. Crew tan calf longwingsssss

First pair of Aldens -- See above

First cordovan Alden -- Alden x Context Color 8 Tankers

circleslife

Reaction score
Santa came early this year!

No. 4 captoe boots (thanks to JAS7280. I think you're mad for selling them, but I'm glad you did!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
)

Natty CXL Indy

That color 4 boot looks magnifique.

Last edited:

totalair1

Reaction score
First pair of good shoes: Shell cordovan Church's penny loafers in burgundy around 1978

First Alden's: Shell #8 full strap loafer

First cordovan Alden same as first Alden

As you can see I've been a fan of burgundy shell or King #8 for a long time.

See Ya,
Steve

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stepped away for 2 days to celebrate "early Christmas"......Wow, you guys move fast.
First nice shoes: black prada sport nsts
First shell: vintage color 8 j&m short wings
First alden: color 8 lwb

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I stepped away for 2 days to celebrate "early Christmas"......Wow, you guys move fast.
First nice shoes: black prada sport nsts
First shell: vintage color 8 j&m short wings
First alden: color 8 lwb

Welcome back Mr. DV. Hope that you had a good time. Nice first shoes. Didn't know J&M made any Shells.

docalden2013

Reaction score
First nice shoes: Kenneth Cole Oak Street Bluchers in 1999, er, I mean AE Larchmont longwings in walnut calf, bought in summer of 2012

First Aldens: JCrew Tobacco longwings and JCrew snuff suede lwb, simultaneously purchased at 25% discount in Jan 2013

First Shell: Alden cigar lhs

First Viberg: brown cxl perf cap Service Boot - 6 hours ago :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads