1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

Told y'all these rock! A shame they did not have my size when I saw them.

See Ya,
    Steve

2. MT1982

MT1982 Well-Known Member

3. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

Snuff barrie on Crepe was a jcrew makeup.

Snuff...definitely I like them both but the tan on flexwelt get much less wear than the snuff. For me snuff is a 3.5 season color while tan is less versatile. My only gripe is that the crepe is so heavy compared to the unlined leydon version and don't pack as small. But that's more an issue for packing/traveling than wearing. I've picked up some Rancourt suede chukkas with a crepe-like sole and they were so much lighter than the Barrie/crepe version.

I'll look into B. Nelson resoling my crepe with something lighter when the time comes. It'll be a few years own the road.

4. Royteane

Royteane Well-Known Member

I have White's boot Smokejumper in brown and looking for my first Shell Cordovan shoe for a bit dressier. Please advice which model to start with, but not black only cigar and #8.

5. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Good Night, I hope that you all had an awesome conclusion to your week... I decided to go out with a bang, Raw Denim and Color #4.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

1 person likes this.
  6. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Thanks that is what I thought however my fashion sense is limited. I have the Rancourt sand Chukka from the clearance that Club Monaco ran and I think it is constructed beautifully but I know I want a snuff Chukka so I can not see me wearing the sand..I have to say though for only $137 I am tempted to just keep the damn thing.

If I get the Chukka I want in Brown CXL or Shell I may get Snuff boots instead.

7. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Well-Known Member

If anybody is on the fence about selling a brown shell wingtip boot in 8.5 or 9 depending on maker. Please PM me. Would prefer something besides leather sole.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

That color 4 looks very similar to Ravello in some lights. I dig that shade as it seems less red

9. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking the same thing. That is a nice shade of 4.

10. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Where did you get those captoe

11. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

If you mean the Cigar shell....he got them from Alden DC.

12. thams

thams Well-Known Member

Speaking of DC Cigar CT boots -- broke these out yesterday for the first time in a while. Trying to get some wear on them. I prefer boots to have a nice lived in look, especially in cigar shell.

[​IMG]

13. Shawnc

Shawnc Well-Known Member

I justordered something similar from BB that you may want to check out. Plain toe and crepe sole are primary differences but the price difference is significant.

Amazing Mike. All of your posts are enjoyable but this is amazing. Nicely done.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  14. rick

rick Well-Known Member

my bad the alpine grain

15. lewisod

lewisod Well-Known Member

#4 very nice, a little more orangey than ravello---- very wearable not Dorothy slippers

16. lewisod

lewisod Well-Known Member

Observation and opinion:to me it seems like cigar can be very close to #8 shell.
    Other thoughts?

17. soundsringing

soundsringing Member

Do you all ever worry about wearing out the stitching from brushing too much / too vigorously? Is this a concern? Brushing around stitching seems like it could be difficult...

When shoes are recrafted, do they restitch areas that seem to be wearing out? Can they upon request?

18. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

The "new cigar", yes. The old cigar of yesteryear definitely had more browns and olives to it. Look back in this thread and you'll see some gorgeous cigar shell from 2012 and before.

19. eyeheartny

eyeheartny Well-Known Member

Dorothy slippers?

20. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Just depends on the batch. Darker cigar yes but lighter brown with olive undertone cigar, no

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.