1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Resistant

Resistant Well-Known Member

Alden calf in brown the cap toe bal I have inspected on display is beautiful it has deep color comprised of many tiny speckles of color. Best part is they are a stock model.

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

nephew,
    good shine on the king

3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

LS wouldn't even take my effing money for the cxl tanker preorder dammit. No matter how much I plead (admittedly not very much), they refused to make me a 12.5D. I had been on their so called "dream-list" for about a year prior to this preorder being announced too - they knew I was gagging for them and they just refused to help. Have them in Barrie #8 but dammit I want these in Barrie cxl!

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

As you can tell, not a lot of Alden calf gets worn (or even discussed) here. I don't own any Alden calf myself, but have considered the J Crew "waxed" LWB's.

5. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

Ha, true.
    The tassel thing snuck up on me.

6. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

Thank you. My tankers are scheduled to arrive aug 5. I like the sound of tanker Tuesdays.

Thank you uncle Mac.

7. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

Awesome.
    Great look. Nicely done.

8. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  9. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Some Indy boots for me today, now that I have 10+ wearings on these they are starting to really get comfortable. I can only imagine how comfy they will be at 100+ wearings.

That being said I would replace these in a heartbeat for those CXL NST with commando on Barrie posted earlier (shoe or boot variation). Something about the beautiful hand sewn split toe.

[​IMG]

10. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Snuff LWBs with Agatine Eyelets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

11. gsgleason

gsgleason Well-Known Member

I was just looking at the leffot plain toe CXL boot, which they had in my size (11.5D). I clicked on the return policy to read it, then when I went back, they were gone.

D'oh!

12. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

I've noticed. Is it because their calf isn't done as well as similarly-prices brands like Carmina or CJ, or is it just....why not spend the extra 150-200$ on shell? Because the price difference betwixt the two is much smaller than it is for AE...

13. Johnny5

Johnny5 Well-Known Member

You are a bad person... But I loled so hard at the typo.

14. madtown

madtown Member

Re calf, well, I'll share a photo of my calf long wings. Looking at them now I suppose it shows that they are not as perfect as I once thought, but hey it's ok - these were my first pair of Aldens which I think will always be my favorites.

My lowly brown JCrew long wings, purchased in early 2011...

[​IMG]

15. AldenKappa

AldenKappa Active Member

I just purchased the natty CXL LWB and they are great. Would love a pair in dark brown.

16. cincikid

cincikid Well-Known Member

I can't decide whether the navy calf Indy boots I got from the Shoemart earlier this month are keepers. I did not have a chance to inspect them closely until now but I am concerned about the defect that they have. There's a nick/dent on the side that looks like something has fallen on the boot. It seems to have lost the structural integrity all the way through the lining. Is it something I should worry about?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not at all at the flex point, but I am concerned I might end up with a tear down the road. Any thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  17. breck81

breck81 Well-Known Member

Well I guess there is no time like the present to step from the shadows. I've been lurking here for a while. I have some Natty Indy's from Leffot(which I love), but I just recently struck gold with a pair of the Alden DC Ravello LWBs. He is a couple pics. Had to use my cell to take the pics. Let the break-in period begin. So stoked about these!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Welcome!! Great score! Enjoy

19. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, those look great! I've never been fitted for Alden before, and am planning on going to the NYC Madison Ave store on Tuesday.
    Yeah all the Alden CXL I've seen has been awesome.

1 person likes this.
  20. breck81

breck81 Well-Known Member

@rydenfan Thanks for having me:) Pure luck and timing are the reasons I entered the world of shell with such a bang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.