1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHRK33

CHRK33 Well-Known Member

Yes.

I spoke to one of the owners, Joe. He was very helpful and efficient. Stand up people at Shoe Mart, I'd say.

Agreed on all counts. [​IMG]

Just got a pair of plain toe boots in Natural Chromexcel from them. Pretty excited.

2. Mr.K

Mr.K Well-Known Member

anyone been successful in getting 10% off Aldens from shoe mart over the phone?

They did give me 10% on my 2 pairs of unlined chukkas last year since I had to wait almost 7 months for them.

3. King Leer

King Leer Well-Known Member

Got a pair of Chromexcel Leather Indys from a consignment store for $180

4. lpounds

lpounds Active Member

I just pickedthese up on ebay for 61 bucks.

What I am really interested in is buying into the latest pre-order for some Alden Roy boots from Context. When I saw these on for 60 dollars I figured I would give them a try also.

Would this auction price be considered a reasonable deal? Can anyone lend some insight on the AA/B sizing?

Thanks in advance.

5. mike f

mike f Member

The AA refers to the heel size and the B is the width. They are a 12 B or narrow.

6. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Well-Known Member

New arrival today from Shoemart - much softer than my other cordovan out of the box. Breaking them in right now.
    [​IMG]

7. ChrisGold

With the rest of the family... so far.
    [​IMG]

8. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Well-Known Member

What kind of lining do the cigar have in them? Looks different than the color 8's.

9. ChrisGold

What kind of lining do the cigar have in them? Looks different than the color 8's.

Great question. The color is definitely lighter, although the leather seems to be the same. (It is not quite as light in person as it shows in the picture)

10. Profligate47

Profligate47 Well-Known Member

To Unclesam099:

I have 'em and love 'em! They're 974 Color 8 on the Tremont last...

11. cimabue

cimabue Well-Known Member

Nice collection! I'm partial to the cigar, as always. 'Hoping the ravello boots I'm waiting on aren't going to be as reddy orange as they seem to be in some photos. Don't like red in a shoe, which is why I don't have any #8 or burgundy shell.

12. ChrisGold

Thank you. I will be adding more ravello next. They do photograph a bit on the orange side, but they are really beautiful shoes in person. (Although I should add the caveat that all the cordovan finishes seem to vary from pair to pair - my #8s are very different in color, with the PTB being very red and the Chukka almost black)

13. cimabue

cimabue Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    ravello wt

I'm really liking this shoe, especially with the heel piece. Makes the shoe look more rugged and masculine.

This Alden thing is nuts. I'm ready to swap out all my English made shoes (except for the monkies!). Anybody looking for a pair of gently worn Sandalwood Graftons, UK 9F?

14. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    ravello wt

Great shoes, Mac. Where'd you pick them up?

15. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

I'm really liking this shoe, especially with the heel piece. Makes the shoe look more rugged and masculine.

This Alden thing is nuts. I'm ready to swap out all my English made shoes (except for the monkies!). Anybody looking for a pair of gently worn Sandalwood Graftons, UK 9F?

thank you

16. mcarthur

Great shoes, Mac. Where'd you pick them up?

thank you
    from tom

17. mcarthur

[​IMG]
    color 4 and black saddle

18. MiniW

MiniW Well-Known Member

^ those are awesome, totally unnecessary for me but I would buy them in a heartbeat if I saw them

19. Gunner72

Gunner72 Member

First post....thanks for all the great Alden sharing. Picked these up on the Shoemart seconds a couple of months ago. I thought maybe they were #8 shortwings, as they clearly were not longwings. Couldn't figure out what they were once I got them as they are not the usual shortwings either. I eventually saw something on the Leffot site about an Atom Wingtip Blucher -- in calfskin, on the Tremont last, with five eyelets. Mine, according to Shoemart, are on Barrie, and have four eyelets. The only Barrie, Atom Wing Blucher, also cordovan, I could find was on Tassels, however those don't have the metal eylets mine do. Anyway, loving my first Alden endeavor. Thought I'd post as I haven't seen many mentions of this Atom wingtip. From Leffot: The Atom was originally part of the Foot Balance System made on the Truflare last. Our Atom is tweaked a bit here and there. We went with a more conventional five-eyelet blucher on the Tremont last and used the new “burnished” tan calfskin for the uppers, a deeper, richer color than the old tan. We detailed these shoes with versatility in mind; they can be worn equally well casually or for business. The soles are single leather bone bottoms with mid tan edges they’re light and flexible. The Tremont last fits similar to the Barrie but has a round higher toe box with a slight chiseled drop that adds a bit of formality that the Barrie lacks. All and all we think this is one of our most versatile Alden make-ups.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. afterglow

afterglow Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Kudu Ultimate Indys arriving shortly. Is it okay to condition them with some Obenauf's LP or will I just ruin the boot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.