• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

^ totally depends on your feet. Most are still 1/2 down on Barrie boots but they are tighter than shoes in general

I am hoping this is the case as well. I went with my normal Barrie for my Leffot tankers on Barrie (1/2 down). I have heard that Barrie boots fit tighter but generally not enough to warrant a larger size. Fingers crossed.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FINALLY!!!!! Cigar PTB fresh out of the box!
Wouldn't have happened without my buddy, Alex.

Great shoes.

Your collection is: Black and #8 cap toe boots, #8 Indy, Brown CXL PTB, Whiskey LWB, and now Cigar PTB?

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Great shoes.

Your collection is: Black and #8 cap toe boots, #8 Indy, Brown CXL PTB, Whiskey LWB, and now Cigar PTB?

Thanks!
Yes Sir. That is my collection thus far. Just a couple pre-orders out there waiting to be filled.

N E B

Reaction score
Thanks. I am either an 8D or 8.5D. I haven't tried anything else, though.
Interesting. Is this from sizing up with Barrie/Trubalance or with the same last (I was asking about with the same last)?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Interesting. Is this from sizing up with Barrie/Trubalance or with the same last (I was asking about with the same last)?

Oh I'm sorry. I have been the same size in the same last. I have not sized differently in the same last.

BWV988

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!!! Cigar PTB fresh out of the box!
Wouldn't have happened without my buddy, Alex.

So nice. After seeing these, I don't blame you for putting the AE Leeds up for sale.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

So nice. After seeing these, I don't blame you for putting the AE Leeds up for sale.

Haha, thanks. I had the AE up for sale ever before I knew I was getting these. The choice would have been the same, regardless.

gosheik

Reaction score

So do you suggest going with my true size on the shell cordovan boots? I had recently ordered ALDEN
00ae.png
CAP TOE CORDOVAN BOOTS from J.Crew by sizing down half a size. 

I agree with the others that it depends on your feet. I know I could "get away with" sizing down on a Barrie boot, but at least initially, it was going to be uncomfortably snug in a few areas. I also think you run the risk creasing farther forward if that sort of thing matters to you (say, in the cap toe area).

For me, staying TTS on the shell boots is the equivelant of sizing down on a shell chukka. I think for each of us, there is some trial and error involved. I shared my experience so that others have a rationale for varying their size on different styles of shoes/boots on the same last. If anyone else out there is anything like me, I know that I like as much consistency as possible, and find it frustrating to have to think so hard on sizing when it comes to different styles. In the case of the Barrie, I have at least found a formula that works for me (and is consistent with the experience of at least one Alden store rep). Once again, hope this helps!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I agree with the others that it depends on your feet. I know I could "get away with" sizing down on a Barrie boot, but at least initially, it was going to be uncomfortably snug in a few areas. I also think you run the risk creasing farther forward if that sort of thing matters to you (say, in the cap toe area).

For me, staying TTS on the shell boots is the equivelant of sizing down on a shell chukka. I think for each of us, there is some trial and error involved. I shared my experience so that others have a rationale for varying their size on different styles of shoes/boots on the same last. If anyone else out there is anything like me, I know that I like as much consistency as possible, and find it frustrating to have to think so hard on sizing when it comes to different styles. In the case of the Barrie, I have at least found a formula that works for me (and is consistent with the experience of at least one Alden store rep). Once again, hope this helps!

Well said. Everyone's feet are different.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Great looking PTBs Tif. 
I have a new pair to show, but I haven't had time to take pics yet. soon...

Awesome! Looking forward to some pics!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tifosi,

Congrats on the new PTB's! They look great!
How do you compare the color of this recent batch of cigar to the AE cappuccino?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Tifosi,

Congrats on the new PTB's! They look great!
How do you compare the color of this recent batch of cigar to the AE cappuccino?

Thanks, Ryden. The cigar is much darker.
Cigar:

Cappuccino:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads