• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whiskey Wednesday.

Favorite. Shoes. Ever.

Those are beautiful. I can't wait for my Whiskey PTBs to arrive tomorrow. I'm praying that they are the same shade.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whiskey Wednesday.

Favorite. Shoes. Ever.

Wow Wednesday. Great looking shoes tifosi.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Those are beautiful. I can't wait for my Whiskey PTBs to arrive tomorrow. I'm praying that they are the same shade.

I really love this shade of Whiskey. I wish I would find something else in this color. I'd take any shade of whiskey, but it ain't happening.

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
ravello nst Aberdeen from tsm.
my new favorite pair of shoes.
I have wanted a pair and drooled over uncle macs' and sevenfoldtieguy's forever.

MrDV these are divine. I'm sure you're staring at your feet all day.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Wow Wednesday. Great looking shoes tifosi.

Thanks Mr.DV. I really enjoy my Alden LWB. I need more. I want a pair of #8. I have the Leffot version on order...would getting a pair with black edge trim be too redundant???? :stirpot:

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats MrDV. You wear them well! The shell on this run of NSTs looks fantastic. The depth is mind blowing.

Good things happen to good people. :slayer:

Thank you very much for the kind words blue.

MrDV these are divine. I'm sure you're staring at your feet all day.

Thank you rishi. Yes, I was distracted all day looking at them.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really love this shade of Whiskey. I wish I would find something else in this color. I'd take any shade of whiskey, but it ain't happening.
Give Kathy at Alden DC a call...They have a Whiskey PTB due sometime in January. There is already one pair of 8D's reserved :) but it is possible they ordered more than one pair.

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
Don L those Cigars look so good

Alden dark green calf tassels on Copley
not my favorite last
heel slippage even with tongue pads and ski socks
also not thrilled about roundness of toe
impulse buy from Unionmade

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any experience with this? Showed up on TSM's irregulars list in my size. Barrie last, originally $625 marked down to $300.
What color does TSM list those as on the email? It's hard to tell on my computer but they look either like navy CXL or dark brown CXL (my colorblindness isn't helping either). Nothing like that showed up on mine. Whatever the color, I like the look of those... and I am a fan of the crepe sole. I would happily wear those with chinos, denim, cords, moleskin...

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Late to the party, but better late than never.

Maiden voyage of my 3rd pair of Aldens today... Color 8 perf cap toe balmoral, on Hampton.
Stunning!

Don L those Cigars look so good

Alden dark green calf tassels on Copley
not my favorite last
heel slippage even with tongue pads and ski socks
also not thrilled about roundness of toe
impulse buy from Unionmade
Could it be that you bought the wrong size? I would think that you could not fit your foot in to them with a tongue pad and thick socks had you bought the correct size.

(I am asking, not telling.)

I don't like the round toe of the copley for Tassels either, but I think it's completely because I am accustom to seeing that style on the aberdeen.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ravello nst Aberdeen from tsm. my new favorite pair of shoes. I have wanted a pair and drooled over uncle macs' and sevenfoldtieguy's forever.
Well done, fine sir. This is probably my favorite ravello model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads