1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

Those look nice, and almost black.

2. aldenwear

aldenwear Well-Known Member

I have had a couple pairs of CXL Alden's and they get some wrinkles, which doesn't bother me, but they're lined. Worried unlined would be a lot worse.
    [/quot

I have no experience with unlined cxl but I am going to respond anyway: unlined shell cordovan shoes wrinkles much more than lined shell cordovan shoes so you are right to ask the question i f marginal additional wrinkling would matter to you.

3. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Yes. They are pretty dark. I am curious to see how they lighten up with time and being outdoors.

-Mike

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  4. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

I have a pair of cigar PTBs en route, curious to see if they are as dark as those from Harrison and the recent cigar captoe boot. if so, they might be going back

5. Shawnc

Shawnc Well-Known Member

Perfect, and the answer I was hoping to hear. I love crepe but sold mine because they were 1/2 size too large. I never even noticed the weight. I've got a pair of cigar LWB's that get very little wear because of overlap with other LWB's. Thinking of either converting to crepe or selling. As I was completing the form for BNelson, I noticed danite as an option. I've never owned them but I know that many on this site speak highly of it. When comparing the look it's a push IMO so I wanted to get input on comfort.

Thanks for the quick response.

6. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

^ No problem. I'd take crepe for pure comfort but Dainite for versatility. Maybe worth finding a place (Brooks Brothers?) to try on some Dainite soled shoes (obviously not Aldens).

I had the JCrew suede Indys on crepe but sold because they were too big - Trubalance a no go for me. Still kicking myself for not getting Need Supply Gamble Hill Indy in Barrie on crepe.

7. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

Rain here today. At least 1/2 the day.
    [​IMG]

8. chrisefi

chrisefi Well-Known Member

Got a Ravello Wingtip Boot and Cigar Indy boot confirmed for Fall 2014. Stoked for my first "exotic shells".

I will probably be done with boots at that point except snuff suede PT boot.

How many times have you said "then I'll be done buying Alden _______" and actually meant it?

9. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

atleast a dozen times, once today when I was giving my CC info for some cigar PTBs..

which was followed by asking to be put on a list for another shoe for the future [​IMG]

10. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

What does that say about me......i have a problem and the only cure is more alden bell.

11. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Well-Known Member

I would like to think that but the other day I made a spreadsheet and it was 20 deep at least, including 3-4 styles that are confirmed and or already paid for.

Wishful thinking but I know I will not stop grabbing new styles anytime soon. :)

12. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Damn Dubs. You sure they aren't black? That isn't cigar to me.

13. Resistant

Resistant Well-Known Member

Ditto today
    Good work
    My remaining shoe is under 600$ so great deal and available

14. n-domino

n-domino Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if JGilbert's preorder for the Cigar Indy has been confirmed?

15. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

New leffot shortwings in green
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wish they made it on Barrie or they had wide widths

16. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Went to Gary's today. No LWBs, but LHS, tassels, and PTBs in black and color 8 shell. Also had some nice suede. I actually tried on a pair of 966, tan calf shortwing bluchers, single leather, on Aberdeen. They look great! I will snag a pair if I see them on sale for about $350 or less. Unfortunately, I had that chance last year when O'Connell's had a clearance sale. Should've jumped on them then!

17. Kwaker

Kwaker Well-Known Member

Thanks for trying.

18. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

I have no problems with dark cigar. I like the lighter versions too.

19. ReppTiePrepster

If uou

If you don't like rolls don't get PTBs, monks, NSTs, or just about any shell make-ups outside of wingtips. I don't mind them (the rolls), but I guess it helps top have a healthy stable with which to rotate.

20. ReppTiePrepster

Natty chrmxl LWB, BB argyle, and a beautiful shot overlooking the Pacific...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I have had some wrinkles on these chrmxl's but nothing bad at all. Great casual shoe, and highly recommend! [​IMG] Cheers gents...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.