• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbc0919

Reaction score
It hasn't been uncommon for people to discuss and post photos of the C&J for RL Marlow's on this forum so I hope I don't offend anyone by asking this here. Can anyone speak to the sizing in comparison to Barrie sizing? Also, I've seen discussions about the RL sales etc . . . so what is a good price for these?

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ravello NST boot
argyles otc

:drool:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fall has arrived here in Metro Detroit. Finally time for cords and cordovan.

These moc-toe bluchers have been my go to shoes over the past month or so.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Dear uncles and nephews (cousins?),

Today I joined the legions of Alden fan(boy)s everywhere as a pair of Alden (for J. Crew) chukkas in #8 shell arrived at my doorstep (or, more accurately, was handed to my by the UPS guy).

Huge props to the guy at the Chestnut St. J. Crew in Philadelphia, who spent easily 20 minutes on the phone with people at the Ludlow store in New York getting them to honor the discount I got online for the pair I wanted to exchange. It's entirely possible that I got the last* pair of 11.5Ds in the country.

Looking closely, I can already see some subtle variations in the color of the leather where the toebox has folded while I walk. It's ******* beautiful.

* Specifically, the last pair of Alden for J. Crew in my size; obviously the #8 shell chukka on the barrie last is available elsewhere.

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ravello NST boot
argyles otc
Still kickin' myself for not snagin' these exact boots when I had my chance! Uncle, I promise I am working on finding my first NST. I have not forgotten your suggestions from a little while ago. Enjoy often and in great health my friend...

Last edited:

CEE88

Reaction score

Still kickin' myself for not snagin' these xact boots when I had my chance!  Uncle, I promise I am working on finding my first NST.  I have not forgotten your suggestions from a little while ago.  Enjoy often and in great health my friend...
Yes indeed, those are nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads