• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely the same shoe. The 2nd shot seals it for me. I haven't worn mine either but I did apply some alden water protector and gave them a good brushing and buffing last night. Calling for a cold front with rain in Pgh tonight (after we spank St. Louis) and tomorrow. Might take em out for a spin. Thanks.
I'm in tahn this weekend because I'm looking at a grad school tomarr. Good thing I brought my SWIMS and Defender!

Picked up an American classic from Alden SF yesterday.

Nice score! (Nice pics too!) A testament to why black shell is indeed
nod[1].gif
after all.

Last edited:

neilz4

Reaction score
I recently purchased some Indy's from Leffot (CXL w/ commando sole) and received them at the end of August. I have been wearing them normally and have not subjected them to anything incredibly harsh--I've walked on some dirt/gravel paths, and only in very light water with them so far.

I went to condition them for the first time today and noticed that the rubber commando heel is separating from the stacked leather midsole. Pics:

Now I don't know if this is normal as far as Alden is concerned but these are expensive boots (my first pair) and I don't want this to turn into anything more serious with continued wear. Should I be contacting Alden about this?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm in tahn this weekend because I'm looking at a grad school tomarr.  Good thing I brought my SWIMS and Defender!

Pittsburgh is a well-kept secret in many quarters but really has a lot to offer. Fantastic value on houses, reasonable cost of living, and for grad students, 3 top-notch schools all within 5 miles of each other. CMU, Pitt, and Duquesne is about as good as it gets in terms of choices so close to each other. One notch down and you have Point Park and Robert Morris. All great options. Good luck and enjoy your visit.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recently purchased some Indy's from Leffot (CXL w/ commando sole) and received them at the end of August. I have been wearing them normally and have not subjected them to anything incredibly harsh--I've walked on some dirt/gravel paths, and only in very light water with them so far. I went to condition them for the first time today and noticed that the rubber commando heel is separating from the stacked leather midsole. Pics: Now I don't know if this is normal as far as Alden is concerned but these are expensive boots (my first pair) and I don't want this to turn into anything more serious with continued wear. Should I be contacting Alden about this?
I would contact Leffot immediately.

hideout

Reaction score

I don't think anyone else is placing the shoe on a red brick sole right now.

the brick sole is nifty, but i'm mostly just curious to see what other navy cxl makeups are out there. it seems like a really cool but simple change that i don't see a lot of people using. or if someone can just point me to another place that has navy lwbs i'd appreciate that too :)

FENWAY

Reaction score

I recently purchased some Indy's from Leffot (CXL w/ commando sole) and received them at the end of August. I have been wearing them normally and have not subjected them to anything incredibly harsh--I've walked on some dirt/gravel paths, and only in very light water with them so far. I went to condition them for the first time today and noticed that the rubber commando heel is separating from the stacked leather midsole. Pics: Now I don't know if this is normal as far as Alden is concerned but these are expensive boots (my first pair) and I don't want this to turn into anything more serious with continued wear. Should I be contacting Alden about this?
I've seen this before. You use one boot to pry the other off? Scuffs on the stacked leather is a giveaway.

tampatravel

Reaction score
PSA: JCREW has a 25% off code that seems to work on Aldens. That bring the captoe Shell Boots down to $500.

See code below!

CODE: INSTYLE25

aldenwear

Reaction score

I missed out too...and I love love love them. I'll probably old out for CXL PTBs from TSM. How's that for inside show jargon?

the brick sole is nifty, but i'm mostly just curious to see what other navy cxl makeups are out there. it seems like a really cool but simple change that i don't see a lot of people using. or if someone can just point me to another place that has navy lwbs i'd appreciate that too :)

Alden NYC has two navy cxl make-ups: lhs and Indy boot. Alden NYC also has a navy suede lwbs. Alden sf and others are offering navy cxl plain toe bluchers. Leather soul has navy suede shortwing bluchers.y

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many thanks. Used it to order the suede indy and some Chippewa's boots for my son in Boston.

tampatravel

Reaction score

Alden NYC has two navy cxl make-ups: lhs and Indy boot. Alden NYC also has a navy suede lwbs. Alden sf and others are offering navy cxl plain toe bluchers. Leather soul has navy suede shortwing bluchers.y

Wow! The Navy CXL LHS are amazing!

Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe alden SF has navy PTB on sale for $400ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads