• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar, ravello, RL brown shell comparison pics...
Cigar LWB, (new)Ravello PTB, Ravello LWB, and RL Marlow SWB

The Cigar and new ravello are pretty close...

The new ravello is more milk chocolate-like than the older ravello that looks more reddish...

These new PTBs look similar in color to Marlow PTBs I have tried in the past (correct me if I'm wrong BeSpiff). They also remind me of AE's cappuccino or truffle shell (whichever is the darker shade).

I look forward to breaking them in this week. Very happy with this color and its finish; no signs of any poor QC (they look like they belong together). Should be a very versatile shoe with its dark brown edge.

tmw

Reaction score

Been on this site for a few months and I still feel like such a rookie. I don't think I've ever seen these before. Are they the same height as a chukka? Looks a little taller but could just be my rapidly deteoriating vision. Either way, those are s-w-e-e-t. Nice pick up.

Hi,
It is 3/8 inches taller than my Alden #8 (25 y.o and 2 re-crafts!) Chukka boots. A George boot is essentially a Chukka with a monk style strap instead of laces.

Last edited:

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
Cigar, ravello, RL brown shell comparison pics...
Cigar LWB, (new)Ravello PTB, Ravello LWB, and RL Marlow SWB

The Cigar and new ravello are pretty close...

The new ravello is more milk chocolate-like than the older ravello that looks more reddish...

These new PTBs look similar in color to Marlow PTBs I have tried in the past (correct me if I'm wrong BeSpiff). They also remind me of AE's cappuccino or truffle shell (whichever is the darker shade).

I look forward to breaking them in this week. Very happy with this color and its finish; no signs of any poor QC (they look like they belong together). Should be a very versatile shoe with its dark brown edge.

That's a wonderful collection RTP. You're a man of good taste.

TactileOne

Reaction score
Newest ebay score, Cigar LHS, ready for Mac method. Great purchase, brand new with box, shoe bags, even The Shoe Mart bag. Raining today, better pics tomorrow.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cigar, ravello, RL brown shell comparison pics... Cigar LWB, (new)Ravello PTB, Ravello LWB, and RL Marlow SWB I look forward to breaking them in this week. Very happy with this color and its finish; no signs of any poor QC (they look like they belong together). Should be a very versatile shoe with its dark brown edge.
Congratulations rtp, the new cigar and ravello look great. The colors look rich and classy. Enjoy.

CEE88

Reaction score

Congratulations rtp, the new cigar and ravello look great. The colors look rich and classy. Enjoy.

RTP, they look great. So great that, if my wife saw those pics, my credit cards would probably mysteriously disappear or stop working ....

Last edited:

CEE88

Reaction score

Hi,
It is 3/8 inches taller than my Alden #8 (25 y.o and 2 re-crafts!) Chukka boots. A George boot is essentially a Chukka with a monk style strap instead of laces.

Those George boots are indeed nice, tmw.

Interesting that the George boot seems to be available in a variety of lasts -- Unionmade had a Barrie last version a while back ( http://unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Ralston_George_Boot_in_Tobacco_Reverse_Chamois_6633.html ), Leffot has one on the Plaza last ( http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/alden/91672-george-boot.html ) and now this TSM shell version on Aberdeen, a last which I've never tried.

Anyway, thanks for providing some great shots of a boot which many of us have apparently not seen before.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a wonderful collection RTP. You're a man of good taste.
Thank you RK!

Thank you MrDV!

RTP, they look great. So great that, if my wife saw those pics, my credit cards would probably mysteriously disappear or stop working ....
Thanks CEE! Good luck with keeping track of those credit cards.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very comfy shoe for weekend wear with denim, cords, chinos. The navy is dark enough to stand up to denim... I really did a 180 on these

Last edited:

wildstar

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads