1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I think it has been there for at least a couple months. Not sure what kind of stock is left.

2. thams

thams Well-Known Member

My bad, it'd been a while since I'd looked at their website.

3. aldenwear

aldenwear Well-Known Member

Jean's look fine to me. The "better" jeans cost as much, if not more, than tailored pants in the finest fabrics that are custom tailored for the wearer. Bulky for the Jean manufacturers that are able to get the sheep to fork over their (or daddy's and mommy's?) hard - earned cash so foolishly. Mike- being a demonstratedly wise spender of his clothing cash- allocates it to an incredible cordovan stash and not on paying $400 for $2 denim that has purportedly been drenched in a dye vat four time, sniffed by three registered sex offenders after having crossed the crotches of at least three ladies of the night in thee different big city lockups.

1 person likes this.
  4. iDoc

iDoc Well-Known Member

The foxing on the Full Strap is curved. The Alden x BB Tassel has a squared foxing. I had read that the Alden x BB foxing style was exclusive to BB, then saw it on Alden makeups for other retailers. Just seemed odd to me.

5. 45bur

45bur Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? There's lots of good quality, reasonably priced denim out there that also looks great. I find it pretty hypocritical that in a thread where people (myself included) spend 500+ routinely on shoes, there is criticism towards though who are into high quality garments of a different type. Get off your high horse.

1 person likes this.
  6. circleslife

circleslife Well-Known Member

Those are looking great Mike. They resemble color 4 moreso than any Ravello I've seen. When did jcrew make these ones?

7. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Well-Known Member

Just like everything else fashion related. Denim is subjective.
    I went through a phase were I would spend 300-500 dollars for a pair of jeans. NEVER AGAIN.
    Its just not worth it. I don't care what company you buy from.

8. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

9. blackboard_knowledge

blackboard_knowledge Well-Known Member

Is your only contribution to this thread to ruin the light air with these TL;DR defensive rants? Before you hit "Submit" perhaps think about what, if anything, you are adding. Also, if your goal is to be funny or ironic, you are missing your mark.

10. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

my current ravello lwb

[​IMG]

and my short lived jcrew ravello

[​IMG]

lighting difference aside, I MUCH preferred the jcrew pair, and will happily buy a pair if 11.5 came up again

11. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Well-Known Member

What's the difference between the 4060, and the 4065 again?

12. thams

thams Well-Known Member

4060 = #8
    4065 = black

13. aldenwear

aldenwear Well-Known Member

Mr. Knowledge, your knowledge must be confined to blackboards: if you want to make sweeping conclusions, do your research beforehand by searching to see what my contributions are. A comment was made about another poster's choices that was negative and, as it turns out, silly.

14. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

That was me (sort of). Citi shoes is the only place that has NST on commando and Barrie last (that I've seen) Recently saw NST on Plaza from LS (old post) and curious what it looks like top down. The product shots always leave something to be desired. Anyone have a pair they can show off?

15. Sergey

Sergey Active Member

How often is irregular LWB in chromexcel available in shoemart?
    How much is chromexcel shoes get scuffs and beat up?

16. Shawnc

Shawnc Well-Known Member

My favorite pair of ravello shoes, any style. These shoes are the reason I fell in love with this shade.

17. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

CXL is pretty good against elements scuffs and ready to get beat up anytime.

18. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

The barrie NST boot on commando soles (AKA tanker boot) is somewhat common. Leffot and Context also stock them on a regular basis. Leffot's version is on an antique sole while Context stocks both black and color 8 versions.

19. circleslife

circleslife Well-Known Member

Can tell you from experience. CXL's are like a tank. Beat them up all you want, scuffs go away easy. Also, get it on commando sole if you can. Getting them on irregulars is strictly matter of luck.

20. Sergey

Sergey Active Member

Is scuff go away independently or I need something to use?
    If they are available once in year, than I need a great success. If they are available regularly, then buy them easier.
    Commando sole CXL LWB is excellent, but they are rare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.