1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

Some day...

2. smoothie1

smoothie1 Well-Known Member

Just wait. This makeup will be made again at some point. If there is Ravello shell for chukkas, from time to time, then it's logical that shell could be allocated to a different boot style.

3. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

Thank you sir. I'm lucky to have them.
    Yes, grant last for leffot. Great color.
    Thank you. No offense taken, the colors are unique and change depending on the lighting. I will have to set this straight this evening. To be continued...
    Thank you sazon. They speak to me too.
    "You should have bought an extra pair when you had the chance"
    Btw, female voice. All my boots have hot girl voices.

4. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

That color is awesome. It might be #8.5, definitely better than regular color 8.

Great looking shoe. You can't go wrong w those.

5. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

HA! They were actually factory rejects due to the dying... :)

-Mike

6. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

DV, I am not sure, but this may be my favorite of all your boots. They are awesome!

7. intensanity

intensanity Well-Known Member

Oh my god those are mindblowing. Wow.

8. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

Finally nice enough weather for me to wear some of my dover. Wearing the snuff suede ones today.

[​IMG]

9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

The quick sale of the Leffot Walter boots is surprising to me, mainly because it took them longer to sell out the black cordovan naval boot, which to my mind is a better boot... I would have considered the Walter if I didn't already own black tankers

10. bkotsko

I really do love the black Naval boot. They are one of my favorite boots.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  11. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

I can't find it in this thread, but re: cigar CT from DC:

Last?
    Sole?
    Speed hooks?
    ETA?

I'd love a pair in 7.5 or 8.

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

not gonna happen this round but get your name on the list for the next one. These get restocked every 12-15 months. I have been waiting about 14 months now and am #1 on the 8.5

Grant Last
    Commando Sole

13. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

You and the 6 other people in line for that size, haha.

Grant, not sure about eyelets. ETA? Now apparently. Looks like Ryden beat me to sole. I had originally said double leather.

14. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

I've never tried on a Grant. I'm a 7.5 E in Barrie. I'm guessing I can size up a half given Grant is regarded neutral (TTS?).

Thanks for the heads up, gents. Can't wait to own a new shell color some day.

15. thams

thams Well-Known Member

This version has speed hooks.

Grant is usually a half size up for people. I'm not sure what wide or narrow sizes are ordered during each run, but it's worth it to give them a ring once they get the boots in their system. I know there was at least one 8E from the last batch that I tried on 4 or 5 months ago. I think that pair sold, but I could be wrong.

Edit: The 8E pair I tried on was also a little "off." One boot was a fair bit lighter than the other because it sat out on the floor for a while. I know you could also lighten the other boot with some sun exposure, but it's just something to consider.

16. REguy

REguy Well-Known Member

I'm curious if anyone ever considers doing MTOs through other manufacturers rather than be put on an Alden waiting list that could take years (or in some cases never...remember the elusive Epaulet ravello Brixton)? Is it the Alden aesthetic? The drawn out anticipation? Let's face it, if you can afford to spend $700 on a pair of shoes, you can afford $1k through Vass, Carmina, etc. and get something of nicer quality.

And before someone says I'm wrong on the price of MTO Vass or Carmina, I was just ballparking.

17. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

^^
    I have w Carmina. I have perf cap toes and lwb form them because alden doesn't offer ruby or green shell. Very nice shoes, but the lasts are much dressier than I need. (Pointy)
    I am very happy w the Carmina (whiskey) double monks I have.

1 person likes this.
  18. bkotsko

I like the forest last better for a more casual look.

19. thams

thams Well-Known Member

I think it's mostly aesthetic and partly the anticipation. I'm ok with a good amount of anticipation as long as it doesn't end in disappointment. So far I've been lucky in receiving good quality shoes so far. BUT, if I wait 3 years for a shoe that turns out defective, I will be more than a little frustrated with Alden. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen to me (or anyone) though.

20. aldenwear

aldenwear Well-Known Member

I am telling you, the brass eyelets contrasting with the black shell is a winner. That is the difference between these boots and the naval boots.

Actually, I think a more important reason for the run on this plain toe boot is the (perceived? real? real/manufactured?) scarcity of shell. I think buyers are believing they have to nap up shell special order offerings, particularly when they look sharp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.