• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
if anyone is interested, the DC store is doing a special make up of revelo long wings

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** those whiskey tankers are nice. It'd be great if they were available to purchase...

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
if anyone is interested, the DC store is doing a special make up of revelo long wings
Thanks. Called and they already have my size promised out!
cloud.gif

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trubalance v. Barrie

Had an interesting experience in the SF Alden store today while stopping by to get some paste wax.

I know a lot of discussion has taken place on this thread on how to size the Trubalance last, with different people having different approaches and experiences. But I haven't yet heard it said that the trubalance last is actually the same last as the barrie. Which is what the Alden store manager told me today.

To clarify, I asked if he meant they were sized the same. He said, no, they are the same last.

It makes no sense.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lots of cigar and whiskey cordovan shoes just sitting around in the Alden factory...

alden_beams_factory_page_2-1.jpg

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those Whisky Tankers cordovan? They don't have the shine I typically see on the cordo shoes, they look more like calf. Either way I love them. I really like the NST stitching on the Tanker boots for some reason...wearing my black Context Tankers right now.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're cordovan, they just haven't been worn in enough to get a nice shine. I like the NST also, but given the choice, I would prefer the straight up moc toe of the original indy. Maybe best to get both
smile.gif

Thoughts, anybody, on that Trubalance / Barrie rumor that I posted a few messages back? It's relevant to me; after much trial and error I know my size in Barrie to a T, but have never tried a Trubalance shoe.

lowrider

Reaction score
I think the lack of shine is just the lighting in the photo. I've seen many a pic of whiskey cords that are shiny. I'd like a pair of whiskey Indys some day.

I'm colour blind and was told that whiskey doesn't go with blue jeans (pretty much all I wear) as well as khaki so I guess I'll have to wait until I mature enough to appreciate wearing khaki pants... Right now I'm gunning for something in ravello.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second the ravello lust; I saw someone on the street wearing what appeared to be ravello chukkas and they looked incredible.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
revello is definitely nice, although I still think whisky is king

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does whiskey age? I've seen a few scattered posts mentioning that it looks great as it ages. I've seen a few more observing that it actually doesn't develop as nice a patina as the darker colors.

There isn't enough pics of well worn whisky in the forum or on the 'net in general. A few days ago I turned up a pic of some well worn whiskey longwings (alliteration not intentional) and the truth was they didn't look as phenomenal as I hoped or expected from a rare, expensive cordovan shoe. At least not in the photographs. I would love see some thrashed, super-soft, highly developed whiskeys at the peak of their beauty.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like revello because I don't like #8 or black, and that gives me two colours to play with in cordovan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics