1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterL

PeterL Well-Known Member

Same situation. I got the order confirmation like an hour later. I placed my order at around 3:30

2. ErikW

ErikW Well-Known Member

Anyone have a comparison photo between the shortwing boot in #8 on Barrie versus Plaza? Debating between the two boots...

3. nemo

nemo Well-Known Member

Indeed, I've been searching extensively for the shell Indy in barrie last for a bit and seems the last batch was made back in 2012, cigar no less - what I wouldn't give to have a time machine. Saw a few references to Alden SF's color 8 being barrie, but nothing to confirm those were actually the last. Here's the 40568H next to a barrie lasted NST, same size.

[​IMG]

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

So when did most people get the list? I didn't get it until after 5pm eastern. They must have a really archaic system for getting this thing out - almost as if they have to do it manually, person by person?!

5. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Trubalance is such an ugly last in my opinion.

6. chewbocka

chewbocka Well-Known Member

How much do 405 Indy's stretch out after they're broken in? Just wondering how they should feel when trying them on..

1) Snug & comfortable
    2) A bit tight & slightly uncomfortable
    3) Squeezing to get in & uncomfortable

I feel like it should be at 2, but if they don't loosen up to get to 1 then that's not good. I'm also worried about it fitting perfectly when they're new and then stretching to be too big.

Thoughts?

7. Deepak Atreya

Deepak Atreya Active Member

Placed an order for ravello chukkas with TSM at around 4 pm est, but haven't got any confirmation :-( . Hope it comes through ! Have dreamed about ravello chukkas way to long [​IMG]

8. ATLVol

ATLVol Well-Known Member

I did not receive the list even though I have received it before....called the store to request 3 sizes and only received 1 of the 3....if anyone has the 11.5 list please send a PM.

9. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

I'm the one that was confused. The #8 Dovers were one of the other pairs I had some interest in also. But again, I was trying to be funny (not very successfully though).

10. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

Nothing real exciting in Bigfoot size on the 2nds list except for a size 13C tassels in cigar. I've already got those.

Glad some y'all made some good scores today.

See Ya,
    Steve

11. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Well-Known Member

Anything good in 11 E? (I'm guessing everything is gone anyways). 11.5d/e weren't too great

12. dcinitial

dcinitial Well-Known Member

Haha after reading your post, I checked my spam and sure enough got the confirm. Hoping these #8 captoes fit!

13. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten an order confirmation yet either. But I figured that they were absolutely swamped. They must dread sending out the seconds list. I would.

-Mike

14. LittleViti

LittleViti Well-Known Member

@mdubs - those cigar capote bals are great--any chance it's 11.5D? :satisfied:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  15. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

I could only imagine how it was a couple months back when they had the flood of discounted whiskey, ravello and cigar

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  16. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Well-Known Member

Soooooo jealous!

17. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

Thanks sir. #4 boots are nice.
    Thanks blue, I've been very lucky w my alden hunt so far. I really should tell my lawn guy how much love his work gets.
    Sorry to near about the snow boys, I panic if I'm wearing shells and it drizzles.

18. dogmoney

dogmoney Well-Known Member

How does one get on the TSM seconds list? I'm 12D.

19. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

I doubt it since the last few times it's been pretty weak. This time did have quite a few good finds but I'm on my buying hiatus so . . . [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  20. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

Morning commute with cigar captoe bals, APC wool mac coat, J Crew suit and Jack Spade bag

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.