1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lint

lint Member

How much was shipping via USPS?

2. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

I wear a 8.5UK on the Carmina (Simpson) last and it fits perfectly. Can somebody offer me guidance on the Barrie last. I was wondering whether it should be 9D or 8.5D. Thanks.

3. specialk0449

specialk0449 Active Member

Same here.

4. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

I wear 8UK in Carmina Simpson and 8.5D in Alden Barrie.

5. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Quote:Which one is roomier for you?

6. Steel28

Barrie of coarse. As you know, Simpson is very narrow last.

7. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Quote:I meant, which is roomier for you, 8UK simpson last or 8.5 barrie last. I'm just trying to see if I can fit into an 8.5 barrie last since I fit an 8.5UK simpon last pefectly. Maybe that's too ambitous though.

8. Steel28

I would suggest trying it in person. Barrie has twice the room vs Simpson for me.

9. brp2

brp2 Well-Known Member

Eh, there was nothing to really do or say, as it was an honest misunderstanding / mistake. And Kathy didn't say there was another list, as she said the Cigar cap toes -- which I already have -- were the only shoe currently outstanding.

Further, while I think the Whiskey SWs are a beautiful shoe (I would've bought the old pair Alden DC had from Alden SF when I was there last, but it wasn't in my size), I just don't need another brown wingtip. I've currently got tan and Cigar longings, and Color 8 SW boots, and the only color shoe I actually need (a loaded term in this thread, I know) is black. Finally, we just had a baby boy on Saturday, so I'm pretty sure my shoe addiction will be on hold for the near term.

It's not often that you see rationalizing in this direction here, is it?

10. Buckeye Nation

Buckeye Nation Well-Known Member

So it there a strategy then - like checking in every few months to ensure everything is in order?

I am in the list for Cigar Grant Captoes, and in 10.5D, and it would be great to get them my my time comes...

BN

11. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Quote:Just checked sizing at an alden store and I'm a 8.5D, barrie last. So I'm 8.5D in the barrie and 8.5UK in the simpson last (Carmina). Thanks for your help.

12. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

They fit like a glove, actually seem like just the right amount of room in the toes but also tight enough on the heel. Length is spot on too. I will have to test them out on carpet to be positive but I think it's a winner.

They are so great I went to buy the BB #8 LHS today but they did not have my size haha. I think that is a good thing though, I already have brown CXL loafers from OSB and love them so I already have the darker loafer covered for this year. I suppose I will upgrade one day.

Next up... The 975. So jealous of the guys who were snagging them in the J Crew sale, fantastic prices. I might opt for a used pair if I see one pop up at some point.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  13. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Quote:They can ship it to you from BB's warehouse.

14. Techdaddy

Techdaddy Well-Known Member

I have pair 9751 8.5D I would like to sell. There in new condition, only worn once. if anyone interested.

Thought I bought the right size but ended up with a half size to big. [​IMG]

15. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

16. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Quote:Yup.

17. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

I love the BB Corp sale. A great time to pick up some shell for 30% off. I've been able to get the 30% off all shell both Alden and Rancourt on this sale only. Picked up a pair of #8 LWB in 13 C, hopefully being on the Barrie they will fit OK. I wore my black shell PTB for my son's recent wedding and they looked great!. IMHO...the BB metal eyelets are a nice change.

I am 0 for 3 on the recent whiskey sighting...nothing available in the Bigfoot sizing!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

See Ya,
    Steve

18. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

If there is such a thing as one year old patina...I think these babies have it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Beautiful!

Oh and being that the LHS I got today were my first Alden shell I have to admit that the finish on the shell is even better than I expected. Whatever they put on them is unreal, I wish I could send my AE and C&J shell to them for a quick refinishing. I know you guys all know this but I was not expecting it to be that much better compared to others.

20. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

And so it begins...you are in real trouble

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.