1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Well-Known Member

As far as the 270 welt on the Indy boot goes I can only speak to my own experience. Years ago I used to frame houses, do drywall, paint, scaffolding, etc, to support my never ending college career. The 270 is great for getting into tight spaces and especially when walking with a load on roofs and narrow beams.

2. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

#8 Plaza Indy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you Frans Boone.

4 people like this.
  3. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

wait a second...all the sudden we are talking about actually wearing shoes for practicality?

4. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Well-Known Member

^ I have always been a solid 10D (9.5 barrie/tru), but from the two hamptons I have tried, it seems better to size up to 10.5D for me.

5. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

^^ I'm leaving.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. rydenfan

Thread has gone to sh$t

7. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Well-Known Member

Now I'm worried my 360s are a hazard and may get stuck under my desk at work...better buy 270 versions of everything just in case.

8. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

^^^ You may need to procure the plaza versions too, for those really tight spots. Trubalance might get down right dangerous!

9. blackboard_knowledge

blackboard_knowledge Well-Known Member

Those do not look right at all to me. I would feel inclined to push back on those.

10. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Do most go with their Barrie size with the latest Trubalance offerings?

11. rydenfan

I do but I will say that it runs a bit big for me. I don't mind because I usually wear a thicker sock with Trubalance offerings as they are more casual but I do wonder if I could go down a half size

1 person likes this.
  12. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I do as well. Barrie boots fit a bit snugger than Tru boots, but I still take the same size.

1 person likes this.
  13. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

overcast day, had to head into the office for a bit so time for some beaters

excuse the blur. alpine grain wingtip from LS from a few yrs back

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

^ that's a pretty killer makeup to be described as a "beater." Probably outside of SF, these are nicer than anyone else's "good" shoes!

1 person likes this.
  15. thebeebs

thebeebs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. CJBianco

CJBianco Member

Hello again, everyone. I emailed Adele at Epaulet, and she was kind enough to offer me an exchange. Dylan at Epaulet sent over a few photos of the one other pair of Alden Natural CXL longwings in my size. Adele also explained that small inconsistencies are simply part of Alden's products and that buying and wearing Alden products requires a little tolerance for those inconsistencies, which I completely understand.

The pair offered for replacement seems a little better than the first pair. The left shoe is almost straight with regard to the brogue holes being centered down the middle, across the toes. However, the right shoe looks uneven to me again, as if the brogue holes are sliding toward the big toe side of the shoe. (Does that make sense?)

The left shoe on my first pair was dead even, so I'm comparing all of the other shoes to that one. Is that wrong? I'm starting to think that I may be too picky, and that all Alden longwings are uneven/uncentered. (My AE longwings are dead even.)

All opinions are welcome, and thank you again.

My Best,
    Christopher

The first pair...left shoe.
    [​IMG]

The first pair...right shoe.
    [​IMG]

The replacement pair.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  17. thebeebs

thebeebs Well-Known Member

Hate to say this, but Epaulet should have done what Need Supply did when they got defective Union Hill Indy boots, and what Unionmade did NOT do when they got defective Stevenson CXL Indy boots, and that is to return the whole damn batch to Alden and tell them to clean up their mess. This is intolerable IMO. You should not have to pay this kind of money for shit. I do accept the nature of handmade goods, and more specifically Alden's inconsistency, but there is a limit to this. Others may disagree, but I would not stand for it, and neither should the retailers.

3 people like this.
  18. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

They seem more acceptable to me.

19. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. Not looking like you are walking on the side of your foot. :) Plus they are more consistent between L and R...

20. tigerpac

tigerpac Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.