1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

Dude, they will accept that. They accept returns from SF members. Also, even if they didn't, (1) that is defective, and (2) they are good people. Write them and nicely explain that you are an SF member, got those shoes, and want a return for a refund. Include a pic. You will be good.

2. budapest12

Me too. I kind of like the Indy from a distance, but it doesn't go with my wardrobe and the Trubalance doesn't fit me too well. The wingtip will go with a wider range of options IMO.

3. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Well-Known Member

AOC has a 9D irregular #8 wingtip commando boot for $585. 9.5 sold quickly the other day (maybe other sizes will show up, maybe not). "Only" about $100 off, but the issues are usually minor and you can get details before the purchase.

Meant to copy @hoser133

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  4. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Look at you coming around on wingtip boots... Gets my vote as well

5. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I need at least one pair.

6. CJBianco

CJBianco Member

That sounds great! I'll give it a try. Hopefully, they'll have another 10D in stock for an easy exchange. (Fingers cross'd.)

And thank you, everyone, for all of your opinions. I appreciate them. =)

My Best,
    Christopher

7. budapest12

^ They accept the returns only if made in like 10 or 14 days - can't remember. Point is, don't hesitate too long. Good luck.

8. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

Indy boots are great but they are among the least versatile styles of Alden boots.

1 person likes this.
  9. ErikW

ErikW Well-Known Member

#8 shell cordovan wing tip boot from TSM for sure. I have already put a "reservation" in for a pair myself a few weeks back.

In other news, looks like I have a pair of Frans Boone "Indy's" en route.

10. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Man! Those FB plaza workboots are selling like hot cakes!!!!!

11. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

Have worn the Cigar PTB's a few times in the last few weeks. Here is one from earlier today.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Well-Known Member

I think you're talking about my eBay experience selling Aldens for BB. I'll try to dig up the post describing it (EDIT: this was my first post about it), but essentially:

1. Buyer bid on a pair of dark brown calf Alden for BB PTBs.
    2. He makes a formal eBay complaint, claiming the shoes are not made by Alden.
    3. I offer a series of evidence from the Alden factory, the BB website, and even a YouTube video of Kathy from Alden DC talking about Alden's relationship with BB (where she mentions that they are the only retailer allowed to not have "Alden" appear on the shoes).
    4. eBay rules in buyer's favor and tells buyer to ship the shoes back to me, at which point I would have to refund the money.
    5. Buyer never shipped the shoes.

13. Papa Doble

PM member/affiliate vendor Epaulet and they will likely accommodate you.

14. tampatravel

tampatravel Well-Known Member

That is mental! Doesn't the heel pad say Alden for Brooks Brothers?

I have just sold an unlined BB LHS pair to fella who has yet to pay me (auction ended Sunday). Why do you bid on something and them slow pay someone. I'll never get it. The guy I sold them to asked me if I'd break in his shoes in the future. As in....he'd buy the shoes and I'd wear them to break them in and get patina. Suuuuuuper strange, right? I think The Queen has someone who breaks in her shoes for her....

15. 100 yrs

100 yrs Well-Known Member

a little context for your work situation and style considerations would get you more useful replies. for me, I work in a very casual, albeit professional, environment and dress more towards the workwear end of things. therefore i would go with the indy. but they're both nice enough boots.

16. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Well-Known Member

I'm in love with the Brown CXL Alden Indy but I can only find it with the neocork soles. Does anyone know of a store that has them in stock with the commando soles? I know that LS has them as the Ultimate Indy, but they won't have them in again till the fall of 2014.

Thanks

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Epaulet should restock theirs at some point soon

18. hoser133

hoser133 Well-Known Member

These would not be for work, just for going out. I'm leaning towards the wing tip boot but the shoe mart does not have them in my size.

Thanks for all the replies so far guys!

19. Papa Doble

I'm pretty sure there was no Alden branding whatsoever on them.

Your buyer sounds interesting. When I buy something on eBay, I pay immediately.

20. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Tif, that is only because the absolutely ROCK!!! I love mine... They are my first Alden Boot... :)

RTP, those are absolutely amazing shoes. I really love the color / design combination...

I can't believe it, I FORGOT to take a picture of my shoes today!!! :-( Got too busy at work too quickly...

-Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.