1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Just received a pair of these Brown Calfskin Chukka boots from TSM: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._calfskin.html

They are brown calfskin Chukkas with what they call "lightweight microcellular outsoles and heels."

I really love these boots, but unfortunately the size I received is wrong and they don't have any left in my size.

I know these are custom made for TSM, but has anyone seen something similar elsewhere: brown calfskin Chukka with microcellular sole?

I especially like this sole as it is soft but relatively thin compared to the other commando-type rubber soles I've seen on Aldens.

Any help is appreciated.

i am pretty sure that alden will resole your shoes with anything you want. so buy a pair wear them and resole when needed.

2. mechanical pencil

mechanical pencil Well-Known Member

Are there any current discount codes for the Shoe Mart?

3. jaydc7

jaydc7 Well-Known Member

Not that i know of, but August09 gives 10% off at sherman brothers. They have a much smaller selecetion than TSM.

4. djh

djh Well-Known Member

^awesome, thanks for that.

5. jaydc7

jaydc7 Well-Known Member

Ill be using it later this month as well. No. 8 Chukkas and/or Indys, we'll see...

6. machochino

machochino Well-Known Member

hey SF, sorry I was gone for a while... things turned busy. Well, I now have a pair of Size 8 Alden Black Shell Chukkas for sale that I purchased from bdeuce22. It turns out that I'm a 7.5 in the barrie last.

They are in very good condition and come with box, bags, etc. If you're interested pm me. I'll let SF get dibs before I put them on ebay.

Not sure if this is right thread but I'll post in B&S too.

7. Spats

Spats Well-Known Member

the unlined chukka is ok, but IMO is not the best of their chukkas

I prefer the lined suede chukka on the Barrie last. The lugged rubber sole that is a knockoff of a Vibram sole (NOT the commando) on it is a good, lightweight, all around sole for hacking about. That's my two cents worth on the chukkas. Spats

8. snowtrooper

snowtrooper Active Member

i am planning to get a pair of Alden tan suede chukka, this is my first time getting a chukka and i have been placing order online however, i have to return it most of the time because size doesnt fit. I m thinking to get the 8C for the chukka in leydon last unlined., please advised.

When it means unlined, does it means it is canvas interior or is it leather?
    and the leydon a round toe shape?

i wear 7UK Tricker's , 8C in Redwing and White's SD, please advise that 8C would be a good fit or not.

thanks [​IMG]

9. JonB27

JonB27 Well-Known Member

Not that i know of, but August09 gives 10% off at sherman brothers. They have a much smaller selecetion than TSM.

Thanks for the code, just used it to order my tan Chukkas!!

10. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

11. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Well-Known Member

12. walneal

walneal Well-Known Member

13. robin

robin Well-Known Member

The reverse welt looks a bit off on those for some reason. I think Tom did a better version with his.

14. JOA

JOA Well-Known Member

15. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

16. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

BTW, got a catalog from Orvis the other day and noticed these Alden boots. http://www.orvis.com/store/productch...id=6681&bhcp=1 Look good to me and hadn't seen anyone post them here.
    It's funny they mention wearing those while running through the airport, because I did exactly that last year and it was AWFUL. Those things weigh like ten pounds each, thanks to those soles. I'm actually having them resoled with Vibram right now.

17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

The pull tabs on those aldens look hideous.

18. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

when I get my barrie last chukkas resoled (will be after this winter) I'm gonna go with a commando sole

19. JonB27

JonB27 Well-Known Member

I like those Jumper Boots, might pick them up in black when they're available.

20. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

These look nice!

What a coincidence, Tassels Hong Kong also launched a pair of very similar Combat boots a month ago. But with speed eyelets and commando soles.
    And in black calf.
    [​IMG]
    http://tasselshongkong.blogspot.com/...y-tassels.html

do you happen to know how much they cost?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.