1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebeebs

thebeebs Well-Known Member

Beautiful collection! More members should post family photos. It's very inspiring and helpful to see how others build their collections. I, for one, have about one-fourth of my Alden holdings in boots, with the rest in shoes/loafers.

2. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Gorgeous!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  3. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

UPS guy finally got here so I just got my hands on the Ravello chukkas. My wife likes my old Ron Rider chukkas better though so the ravellos are going back. Here's a comparison pic of the 2 shoes. No natural lighting this late in the day so this is the best I can do at the moment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ATLVol

ATLVol Well-Known Member

I spoke with Joe today and placed an order....he said the chamois is on the Barrie.....the website shows the calf is on grant

1 person likes this.
  5. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

6. ReppTiePrepster

They are. Much thanks sacafotos. I love the Rumi reference... highly underrated in the Western World!

7. ReppTiePrepster

Unfortunately they are not. The LS ravello are bluchers on barrie. These are whiskey bals on tremont. As much as I like this whiskey make-up, I would give them up for the ravello SWB! [​IMG]

8. Profligate47

Profligate47 Well-Known Member

Old photo but still love the 974 bal: [​IMG]

9. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

ahhh...a bit more obvious after switching to my laptop from my iPhone, Thank you for responding.

10. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Well-Known Member

12D Plaza Shell Monk Strap at LS for $295...umm yes, we'll see how long those last.

[​IMG]

11. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

That ravello is reallllly dark.

12. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Well-Known Member

my shell indys with commando will be requiring a visit to the cobbler for a re-heel pretty soon.

wondered how people dealt with the commando heel?

I wondered if it was unadvisable to replace the heel with a flat heel piece, and actually reduce the heel size by (say) 3-5mm,
    bringing it down to the standard heel height for indys.

Any advice, thoughts --- "no that is a very bad idea!" most welcome!

13. ironclad

ironclad Well-Known Member

Agreed, that does seem very dark for Ravello. I have the same chukka, purchased new about 4 months ago and they are considerably lighter and more caramel in color.

14. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

I would try and get a commando like replacement personally.

15. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

It is on the darker side of new Ravello. However there is very little light in that photo. You can tell that the camera had to crank up the ISO.

16. thebeebs

thebeebs Well-Known Member

Okay, let me get this straight...

New Whiskey = Old Ravello
    New Ravello + olive tint = Old Cigar
    New Cigar + slight burgundy tint = Color 8

Only Color 8 and Black are estimable.

WTF??

1 person likes this.
  17. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

These are killer. I waffled on these and ultimately lost out. Great make-up.
    I think I have these somewhere. Let me look around. One thing I remember is that there are very few, if any, special shell make-ups on the list.

18. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

There's no natural light and besides the kitchen, none of the other rooms in my house are very bright.

Exactly.

19. thams

thams Well-Known Member

Here's what she sent me a few months ago:

2014 NEW STYLES ADDED- WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION
    1. Dark Brown Regina Grain Calf. Wing Tip boot, Barrie last, commando sole, mid-tan antique
    sole edge.

2. Dark Brown Regina Grain Calf. Long Wing, Barrie last, Double waterloc sole, mid-tan antique
    sole edge.

3. Navy Chromexcel Indy boot with Handsewn Moccasin stitch, Trubalance last, Double
    waterloc sole, mid-tan antique sole edge.

4. Navy Chromexcel HANDSEWN penny loafer, van last, single waterloc flex sole, light antique
    sole edge.

5. Hunting Green suede longwing, Barrie last, double waterloc sole, mahogany (dark) sole
    edge.

6. Navy suede tassel moccasin, Copley last, single flex sole, light antique sole edge.

7. Hunting green suede tassel moccasin, Copley last, single flex sole, mahogany (dark) sole
    edge.

8. Copley last penny loafer (not handsewn), Navy suede, single flex sole, light antique sole
    edge.

9. Copley last penny loafer (not handsewn), Snuff suede, single flex sole, light antique sole
    edge.

10. Hunting Green Suede Indy Shoe, Trubalance last, single flex sole, Mahogany (dark) sole
    edge, rubber orthotic heel.

11. Copley last penny loafer (not handsewn), cognac soft calf, single flex sole, light antique sole
    edge.

12. Norwegian front boot, Handsewn, Plaza last, Cognac soft calf, single flex sole, light antique
    sole edge.

13. Bal. Saddle shoe, Navy suede saddle, tongue, & backstay, cognac soft calf vamp &
    quarters, Barrie last, single flex sole, dark agatine eyelets to match navy suede, light antique
    sole edge.

*Edit: I should also add that she's submitting a run for cigar indy's, but who knows when they'll be confirmed.

20. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

Thanks Thams. That's it !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.