1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

Thank you Sir,

You're gonna love them. They're one of my all time faves.

What a compliment. Thank you!

LOL! Don't have the money either !

2. coinopcollector

coinopcollector Well-Known Member

I have never used Saphir so I can't speak for it. I do own a bottle of Venetian. Periodically after reading posts here I will go to it. Nevertheless, it never fails to underwhelm me. I just recently applied it to a new pair of AE shell Randolph full straps and feel that it did very little to improve the shine. I have seen pictures here of the Shaphir Reno results and they always appear dramatic. I intend to pick up some Reno.

3. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Well-Known Member

I have both and if used proper and just part of the Mac method I find Venetian far better. Now with AE shell I always find it hard to shine till strip off enough of the cream they seem lathered up with

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  4. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

You should call LS. they recently did a run with dark brown, snuff, and tan suede LWBs. Not sure what they have in stock at this point.

5. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Well-Known Member

Actually I happen to stumble on a brand new jcrew one on the bay got them for 380 but thanks for the heads up. I am some what a LWB collector

6. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

7. aldenwear

aldenwear Well-Known Member

if youwwant to pay that price, they are. If you want to pay more for them than that, 595 is is a bargain. If you want to pay less than 595, they are nnot worth 595. Or you really want to throw that money away on your 345th pair of shoes but decide you have a better use for the money like being able to retire without sucking at the government, or someone else's, tit, then the shoes are not worth 595. It is your cash (or credit). What do you think?

8. tigerpac

tigerpac Well-Known Member

9. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

owning two bottles of reno (and renomat, but thats beside the point), I still go for my big silver tin of VSC and am never unimpressed with the shine left (atleast of shell, I dont do much with calf nowadays)

I like to apply with two fingers, small circles, in very light applications. sometimes, add a second application over top a now dried application from earlier. let sit for 20-30 minutes (or longer if I forget lol), and then brush then microfiber. have always been happy (but will admit, this is 99% with alden shell)

my singular pair of AE shell (patriot browns) have never quite given off as much of a shine, but this post has prompted me to give one shoe a shot tonight to see what I can come up with. will update tonight/tomorrow with hopefully good results

10. coinopcollector

coinopcollector Well-Known Member

As recommended I will try leaving it cure a bit longer before buffing.

11. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Well-Known Member

Question from an Alden newbie: these exotic shells like whiskey and ravello, do I just have to sit and pray a special makeup from a retailer comes along? I'm assuming Alden doesn't do MTO.

1 person likes this.
  12. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Correct. Best advise is to follow this thread closely, periodically call Alden retails and try and build a relationship with a few. Good luck hunting!! (Unless you are my size )

13. circleslife

circleslife Well-Known Member

Call Alden shops in DC and Sanfran every now and then. One sales guy there told me they don't put these online anymore but can put you on a list for upcoming rare shells. Scored a ravello chukka recently cue a member here. Sales guy said they had no idea it was even coming.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  14. stevefok

stevefok Well-Known Member

Alden fransBoone just restocked #8 "indy boots in plaza last" grab the chance if you are interested!

Cheers!

15. stevefok

stevefok Well-Known Member

Can overseas customers do it also??

16. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

I am very happy that we seem to be the same size, my wallet on the other hand may not be so thrilled. Either way I will be keeping a close eye on what you might end up clearing from your closet in the future!

17. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

You're gonna need luck if you are Ryden's size! He is quick! Trust me.

Don't hold your breath.... Ryden buys for keeps! haha

18. Alpina

Alpina Well-Known Member

Thanks geek. How do they fit compared to their lined barrie brethren?

19. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Haha, I could only imagine how much more obsessed I would be with Alden if I lived in the US. For now he won't have much competition from me.

20. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I wish Adlen wasn't so accessible to me sometimes...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.