1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thams

thams Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmm, this might be a good deal if Kathy will take a little of the price... Did she offer anything like to you when you told her that you were returning them? I'm torn between a pair of these or cigar cap toes in 4-5 months. The boots might be more my style, but I love these too.

2. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

Why is it when I'm trying to sell my Alfred Sargents there's noone with my shoe size in that thread but over here apparently half of you have the same size foot I do?

3. justuhgeek

justuhgeek Well-Known Member

When I was ordering them, I recall her telling me that there was a blemish on the shoe. And she repeated this. Don't know whether her intention was to make sure I was prepared to take the dive or to hint at a possible discount opportunity. Perhaps both.

I didn't want to go through the whole Alden refinishing process again, so I passed on these and picked up a pair of Leffot Dovers on B&S here instead. When I called back to return them, I did not inquire about a discount, but I'm sure one could be asked for.

Funny you say that, I'm on the list for the DC CT Boot, and will wait for the next order of the Cigar PTBs. 4-5 months? Was hoping sooner...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  4. thams

thams Well-Known Member

Well, if they're doing another run of Cigar PTBs then maybe I'll just wait for that. Not on that list though, so no telling where I would fall in grand order. A pair of Cigar LWBs would be killer, but beggers can't be choosers. I'm really pumped about the cigar CT boot though.

5. fitchottie

fitchottie Well-Known Member

Alright I bought them. The same guy had a pair of blue suede Alden's for jcrew as we'll in size 11.

6. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

Just got back from Alden DC earlier today. They are definitely doing a special makeup of cigar captoe boots.

7. justuhgeek

Neither am I. As someone mentioned in this thread earlier, making the call to Alden DC can be a dangerous one. I am on a couple of lists, and will probably wait a couple of months until I call back to be put on the Cigar PTB list.

I think Joe told me that it will probably be made next year as the recent batch of Cigar Shells is being used to produce the Captoe Boot.

Cigar LWB? Try the Madison store, might get lucky as they are being put into production soon if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  8. thams

thams Well-Known Member

I'm ok with cigar leather going to the boots. These age sooooo well.

I'm afraid to call Madison. If they had a slot for the cigar LWBs open, then I would have to spend the cigar CT boot money to get them. It would be a difficult choice to make...

9. esqblackbook

esqblackbook Active Member

What last is the CT Boot in? Grant as always?

10. docalden2013

docalden2013 Well-Known Member

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Yes, Grant last. I am #1 on the list fir 8.5D but I believe more than one pair is coming in for that size

12. lagsun

lagsun Well-Known Member

A potentially dangerous day on the Alden Thread for us 8Ds. Fortunately for my wallet and marriage, I was too slow to do any damage :)

13. justuhgeek

Wish my spot were as nice as yours. I believe I am 3rd on the 8D list. Hoping the same for this size.

14. docalden2013

Kathy told me there may be up to 4 pairs for the "common" sizes. Fingers crossed!

15. rydenfan

I would belive that. It's a pretty big run

16. docalden2013

Of course, one of us will probably end up with a dreaded cigar splotch. She says she can't guarantee the consistency of the finishes on a batch of cigar. Yikes!

17. rydenfan

I just hope it's not quite as dark as the last run. They almost looked black

18. thams

thams Well-Known Member

Good thing is they'll lighten over time. But who knows what that could show on the hides. [​IMG]

19. coinopcollector

coinopcollector Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what you think an Aberdeen 11.5D would translate to in Barrie? I wear a Barrie 10D. I have a chance to pick up an Aberdeen 11.5d blucher for a good price. I have tried on an Aberdeen in 10.5 D and they were snug. Any thoughts?

20. rydenfan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.