1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EngProf

EngProf Well-Known Member

I'm terribly sorry. I was innocently calling on the assumption that the message on the site -- "please call to place order" -- was simply their normal routine when shoes were out of stock. I expected to call, place the order, receive the discount, and proceed. I had no reason to believe that the sale posting was a mistake prior to the call.

2. keithp3521

keithp3521 Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I received my color 8 LWBs from Leffot. Look at that sole: clean, unblemished, perfect. It'll never look like that again. But I can't wait until these babies are creased and form-fitting.

At any rate, after - what? five? - pairs of shoes, I have finally determined my proper size on the barrie last. I don't live near a brick-and-mortar store, so I've had to buy shoes via mail order to try them on. And, of course, by the time I've worn them a bit to figure out if they fit, they're creased and I can't return or exchange them. So...I've spent quite a bit of money trying to figure out my size. But I've done it, by jove! And the first pair of Aldens that I will own that actually fit are, in my opinion, the most beautiful make-up Alden makes and, frankly, the awesomest shoe of any brand. They are...color 8 LWB with antique edge from Leffot. Happy day. Oh, happy day. Thank you for listening.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

+1000

4. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Well-Known Member

I just got an email saying my order has shipped.

5. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Well-Known Member

Got a TSM shipping notice...wish I would have kept everything in my cart, but can't complain about at least getting one.

6. GooseG

GooseG Well-Known Member

Beautiful.

1 person likes this.
  7. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

Strong showing donl. Your ravello looks great. Yesterday's whiskey was amazing too.

1 person likes this.
  8. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

Sale price honored?

9. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Well-Known Member

Yes, the sale price was honored.

10. keithp3521

keithp3521 Well-Known Member

11. zodiacs

zodiacs Member

Greetings Guys,

I've been eyeing the Indy boot for a while now and I just want to try to get the best deal out there. Would any stores (that sell wides) ever have any sales? I really doubt it, but I thought I'd ask. 7.5 E is a tough size to find, but might as well pay the extra for the perfect fitting shoe.

Regards,

MP

12. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    You poor, shoe-deprived soul... it's a shame you have nothing with which to cover your bare feet!

13. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

^^ 3 feet of snow. Up hill. Both ways.

14. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

I actually had that exact same question... which model should I go for, the Alden stock perf cap toe bal (9016) or the made for BB version. I believe it is an issue regarding the snap last versus the Hampton.

Does anyone have a strong feeling one way or the other?? SevenFoldTG? Uncle?? Thanks in advance...

15. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:I like TSM, bought a lot of stuff from them. However...getting a shipping notice does not always indicate you are getting the item. Several times for Alden's ends list, and Alden belts IO've got shipping notice, and then a day or 2 later I get a notice item was not in stock. I hope everyone that got shipping notices gets their items. Pretty rare to get discounts on Aldens from TSM from website so congrats to all! See Ya, Steve

16. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

+1 same here...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  17. movoblast

movoblast Well-Known Member

Haha its cool. I would have been spending money that I shouldn't be spending anyway. I'm happy for all the people who got the sale price honored. I'm totally jealous of you guys.

18. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

I know SFTG LOVES the snap last. I have no experience with it, so can't help much, but I really like the hampton for this style of shoe.

Buy both return 1?

Or get the BB 30% off when the next corporate event takes place. I think I remember them having one shortly after xmas last year...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  19. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

Maiden voyage of #8 LHS I picked up almost new from another SF member. (Not BBrothers.)

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. tampatravel

tampatravel Well-Known Member

Those are beautiful. They're on my radar and probably my next purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.