• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermitedge

Reaction score

Cool photo from Leffot's tumblr... The longwing in snuff suede looks very good... I highly recommend at least one non-cordovan longwing for casual wear (chromexcel or suede)

I almost bought this from them, but the pics they showed me made the shows look almost yellowy. It was a real light color, and not similar at all to the snuff pictured above.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I almost bought this from them, but the pics they showed me made the shows look almost yellowy. It was a real light color, and not similar at all to the snuff pictured above.

Are you sure they didn't show you tan suede longwings instead of snuff suede?

EDIT - Also, I believe Alden NYC has snuff longwings in stock if you want to try them. J Crew also has a version.

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today's BB 30% corporate sale seems to be working on cordovan and even EG's.
You can also get a free one year Shop Runner account via most Amex cards so free 2nd day ship with BB.

http://lite.corporateperks.com/coupons/brooks-brothers/discount/590043/uSource/MGAT/2x-points-30-off
At the BB site, enter "Corporate Perks" as the company name.
If you already have a BB account, create a new account to use with your corporate discount code or you're going to need to call them.
Also, when you're checking out, you won't see the discount amount until the last page after you've entered payment info but before you hit Submit Order.

You can also get the BB corporate account via BMWCCA.

Amex Shoprunner deal
https://www.shoprunner.com/americanexpress

The Alden natural CXL tassels were tempting but I just bought a couple Gatsby shirts and a shoe brush.

Thanks.

The online order was placed without incident and the discount was applied. :slayer:

Read the fine print when signing up - your billing address and shipping address (for an order placed with the corp. discount) have to be the same as the address you sign up with. So, whereas usually (when ordering from BB) my billing address is my home address (i.e., my credit card address) and my shipping address is my business address, that will not work - I needed to change my shipping address from my business address to my home address in order to get the discount. i even called mere minutes after the online order was placed and I could not change it - I was told the 2 addresses have to be the same in order to use the corp discount (which I knew) and that no changes were allowed even after the order was placed (which is what I was hoping not to hear).

Seems somewhat arbitrary, but no big deal ....

Hermitedge

Reaction score

Are you sure they didn't show you tan suede longwings instead of snuff suede?

EDIT - Also, I believe Alden NYC has snuff longwings in stock if you want to try them. J Crew also has a version.

It was the snuff suede through and through... according to them.

topisdown

Reaction score
It looks like the Shoe Mart's site has been updated. Now when you search or view a particular Alden style, it only shows models that are currently in stock.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting on LS' page about Mr. Humble's visit they note the Alden shell shortage. This has been the tune for the rarer colors (cigar, ravello, whiskey,etc.) but has this extended to #8? Interestingly I don't hear of the same issues with Carmina or Vass about #8 shell.

I wonder what will ever happen to my whiskey LWB order from Alden Madison. I wish I knew Alden SF had a run, I would have picked up my pair from them.

totalair1

Reaction score
hey steve,

can you put up a pic of the full strap loafer sans flash, or in natural light? been on the tipping point about grabbing these in whiskey or ravello and would love to see more!
Here's the full straps without flash as requested. However...some of the light issues are caused by my overhead fluorescent lighting.

See Ya,
Steve

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
Ive got four pairs of shell cordovan shoes that i wear in rotation, the oldest being 2 years old. I have never used wax on my shoes. Just give them a good brushing before wear. Please share your thoughts on not waxing my shells at all? Is waxing necessary, in that does lack of it deteriorate the leather over time?
I know about the Mac method et all but would you say that shell needs waxing at least twice a year or something (my shoes are not exposed to much dust and dirt)
Lastly is Alden/Kiwi paste wax good enough or do forum members feel using Saphir cordovan cream would be a good investment over Alden wax to ensure longevity and good looks?

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haven't posted any pics lately, so I wanted to show some J. Crew x Alden Ravello love.

As much as I love this makeup, yesterday I wore my Leffot 975s with the antique trim, and I'd have to rate those a bit above these.

Love the ravello w brass sazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads