1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldenwear

aldenwear Well-Known Member

Well, everyone's feet are different. But typically you go one-half size down, unless, of course, you have wide feet, when you might just stay the same size and go down a width. Unless you are talking about barrie boots, in which case they tend to fit more narrowly than barrie-lasted shoes and so you go down one width. This is the case except if you are talking about barrie lasted boots made of calfskin, which give less than cordovan, so you might have to go down two widths as well as one-half size. Or it may feel a little tighter but not enough to go down.

But nothing beats going to try them on your own feet.

This is just to mess up the next person who does a search for how barrie sizes compared to true-to-size lasts.

2. Shawnc

Shawnc Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily agree Aldenwear, but that's the beauty of a forum. I do however, appreciate the response and see your point.

3. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

I agree that this is just an internet forum, and it's not the end of the world if someone asks a repeat question. You are forgiven.

I find the quote above kind of funny though. It is as if you went out to dinner with some friends, and when the check comes you say "can you guys get this, I just paid my real estate tax this week and don't feel like spending any more money."

On a separate note, the sun is out today and I just took some better shots of the shoes in my signature after the TLC treatment.

Before:

[​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. REguy

REguy Well-Known Member

5. REguy

REguy Well-Known Member

Blue Collar, I wear the same size in the Grant and Barrie. The Barrie is a somewhat sloppier fit, but I don't notice an appreciable difference in length. I actually find the Grant to fit similarly to Carmina's Rain last with a little more volume. I'm not sure you need to size up in width if you've got just a little breathing room in the Barrie. I think it also depends on how tight you like to wear your shoes.

6. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Well-Known Member

King #8 990 PTB, cashmere otc, LRL wool and cashmere pants. [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

Bakes what are the insoles you are using?

8. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

I have large feet and was wondering where I could find some size 13D shell cordovan boots in #4 ,or Ravello in the wing tip style? I would also take whiskey if I had to, but I really want #4!

See Ya,
    Steve

I don't have time to look myself, I'm busy

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  9. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

Those are/were my Dad's shoes, so whatever insoles he put in them. I am sure that they are nothing special He probably bought them at CVS. He has a bad back. I just checked for you and the insoles don't have a brand anywhere on them. If you buy the shoes, I'll sweeten the deal by throwing the insoles in for free!

Steve,

I am very sympathetic with the fact that you are busy. If you don't mind, I'd like to spend the rest of the afternoon trying to locate the boots that you are seeking.

10. totalair1

Steve,

I am very sympathetic with the fact that you are busy.  If you don't mind, I'd like to spend the rest of the afternoon trying to locate the boots that you are seeking.
    [/quote]

That would be swell Bakes

See Ya,
    Steve

11. blue collar

blue collar Well-Known Member

Thanks RE!

I'm stuffed into a Barrie 11.5D. It's the width that i'm worried about most. I'm thinking a grant 11.5E is the way to go for me.

I like to wear thin socks and for my shoes to be a tight fit.

12. blue collar

blue collar Well-Known Member

That would be swell Bakes

See Ya,
    Steve[/quote]

I have three pairs of each if you want one.

13. totalair1

I have three pairs of each if you want one.[/quote]

Actually I want all three pairs. When can I get them? You have a payment plan?

See Ya,
    Steve

14. ErikW

ErikW Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Alden x Leffot City Mocs. Just in last night.

4 people like this.
  15. scb

scb Well-Known Member

I'm an 11E barrie and an 11E grant is too small for me

16. REguy

REguy Well-Known Member

Not Alden related, but is anyone else having issues accessing their individual subscriptions on iPads or iPhones? I tap on the threads and it won't open them. Been like that for a few days now.

17. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

^ YES. On my iPad. Thought it was my connection - though, now that I think about it, it was never an issue on my laptop.

18. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

19. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

nephew,
    wear only in good health

20. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

Love this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.