1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. violethour1951

violethour1951 Well-Known Member

Very sad that I parted with my cigar shell captoe boots, but I hope they are with a happy owner now! If only Alden made balmoral boots...

Anyone interested in a pair of Ravello shell shortwings?

2. thams

thams Well-Known Member

Size?

EDIT: Sorry, just looked at your signature block. Half a size smaller and I'd be all over it.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  3. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

You are crazy for selling those, assuming they fit and you aren't trying to avoid filing for bankruptcy.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  4. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I'm not even going to bother calling then as I believe we are the same size...

5. thams

thams Well-Known Member

8D in Barrie and 8.5D in Grant.

FWIW I didn't opt for the Ravello medallion list so there's still hope there.

6. Resistant

Resistant Well-Known Member

7. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Same here

8. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

I talked to Kathy about the Medallion Cap Toes and passed on them also. :)

9. thams

thams Well-Known Member

For me, they seem a little too dressy for my typical wardrobe. I'm only required to wear a suit 3-4 times per month and the rest is slacks and tie. Even then I work from home a couple of times per week so more casual makeups are spot on for me.

10. EngProf

EngProf Well-Known Member

Hampton is my favorite last. I also own a Plaza boot, which is also quite comfortable for me in the exact same size. (7.5D).

11. coinopcollector

coinopcollector Well-Known Member

Very very nice. Great score.

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

Alden DC has been selling the ravello cap toes and cigar Grant boots for a while. The PTBs are "stock." More proof that Alden is prioritizing stock models and retailers that have older makeups when it comes to rare cordovan.

13. thams

thams Well-Known Member

Yeah, I knew they routinely carried the cap toes but I didn't realize the others were standing orders in production.

I was just complaining to my wife that Alden DC placed two ravello orders in September and will be receiving them in January while other ravello orders have been pending for 1.5 years and longer. Seems ridiculous to me although I understand why Alden stores would gain precedence over other shops. I just wish they would spread the shell love a little.

14. aldenfan

aldenfan Well-Known Member

What care regime do you gentleman recommend for Alden Indy 403 boots? I have worn them 20-30 times with only shoe-trees and occasional brushing. They are looking a little dry and scuffed to me.

1. Is that something Saphir Renovateur would be good for? Some type of leather conditioner?
    2. What about wax polish? Any particular color?

Thanks!

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

I would be very surprised if Alden DC is getting a cigar captoe boot in. I have been on the list for about a year and a half. When I got my whiskey PTB's a few weeks ago I inquired about them and they still had not been confirmed. Would be pretty unlikely that it went confirmed and due for delivery in such a short time.

16. thams

thams Well-Known Member

I think it's weird too, but I'm only relaying what was told to me. It wasn't Kathy I talked to so I'm not sure if the others are on the up and up as to delivery dates.

17. brp2

brp2 Well-Known Member

I'd agree. Also, Cigar or Color 8 Indies just look so good.

18. BWV988

BWV988 Well-Known Member

I dress casually almost all the time, but if the makeup is like this, I'd manage to work them in. [​IMG]

19. thams

thams Well-Known Member

Now those are some damn nice shoes. Unfortunately I'm not as flush with cash as some so I gotta pick and choose. That picture has me second guessing though...

20. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

I am first for the 8.5Ds so I would be thrilled if it were true

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.