• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidlemon

Reaction score
Just wanted to give anyone in NYC a heads-up: I am returning a 9.5D Barrie LWB Shell Whiskey to Citishoes tomorrow (size just doesn't work for me...I wanted to believe it did, though...) Will be ripe for the picking if you want to go grab it. They also have an 8D available as of today.

docalden2013

Reaction score
Dear Fellow Addicts,

Despite being a week away from closing on a new home, I have continued to relentlessly pursue what, for me, has been an achievable grail shoe: the whiskey shell LWB. I've managed to track down a pair that, while not my exact size, may be workable. As a typical 9.5D, I'm told that there is a pair available in 9E. The salesperson, who didn't sound high pressure and intense, suggested that there is only a minimal (3mm) difference in length and that, with my flat feet, there should be enough room for all my toes, etc.

Does this make sense? Am I simply mentally tired from pursuing this shoe all over the planet? Should I pull the trigger or hold out (for god knows how long) for the real McCoy in my typical size?

Eager to hear from fellow addicts who have been willing to potentially compromise fit to post another score in their shoe closet. I can handle the honest truth; indeed, if this doesn't work out, I'm willing to wait and spend the money on the snuff suede products I mentioned in an earlier post.

Take care!!

100 yrs

Reaction score

I was tempted by the snuff suede LWB, but when i saw pics of the model the vendor had, they were A LOT lighter than i was hoping. They looked almost yellow/goldish, so I passed. The snuff suede shortwing from j gilbert on plaza looks nice, and is exclusive to them.

picked these up last week after canceling my order for the snuff suede ptb from NRO. i much prefer a swb to a lwb, finally a sunny day to be able to wear them.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just wanted to give anyone in NYC a heads-up: I am returning a 9.5D Barrie LWB Shell Whiskey to Citishoes tomorrow (size just doesn't work for me...I wanted to believe it did, though...) Will be ripe for the picking if you want to go grab it. They also have an 8D available as of today.
according to them they have an 8E, not 8D

shaunw

Reaction score
Dear Fellow Addicts,

Despite being a week away from closing on a new home, I have continued to relentlessly pursue what, for me, has been an achievable grail shoe: the whiskey shell LWB. I've managed to track down a pair that, while not my exact size, may be workable. As a typical 9.5D, I'm told that there is a pair available in 9E. The salesperson, who didn't sound high pressure and intense, suggested that there is only a minimal (3mm) difference in length and that, with my flat feet, there should be enough room for all my toes, etc.

Does this make sense? Am I simply mentally tired from pursuing this shoe all over the planet? Should I pull the trigger or hold out (for god knows how long) for the real McCoy in my typical size?

Eager to hear from fellow addicts who have been willing to potentially compromise fit to post another score in their shoe closet. I can handle the honest truth; indeed, if this doesn't work out, I'm willing to wait and spend the money on the snuff suede products I mentioned in an earlier post.

Take care!!
I would go for it but that's just my opinion. My experience is that a 9e and a 9.5d are pretty similar in size and shape. If your shoe is on a more generous last (like the barrie) it should work in your favor too. If they are returnable and/or international shipping isn't required to get them, then what do you have to loose other than the cost of shipping.

davidlemon

Reaction score
according to them they have an 8E, not 8D

Ah, well I called today to see if they had anything in C width shell and they said they didn't have non-standard widths and only an 8 remaining in the Whiskey. Guess we misunderstood each other!

TactileOne

Reaction score
I have a chance to pick up a pair of whisky cordovan NSTs, would someone tell me which last they are on, Barrie or Aberdeen. Says model 24061.Thanks.

terradilavoro

Reaction score

cigar lwb
cashmere otc

Splendid LWBs - of course.

Are these cashmere OTC made by Johnstons of Elgin from Scotland?
I do love these wearing (as socks) at home - so comfortable and warm - great!

cheerio
Joachim

Hermitedge

Reaction score

picked these up last week after canceling my order for the snuff suede ptb from NRO. i much prefer a swb to a lwb, finally a sunny day to be able to wear them.

y you gotta do that? such a clean model, they look awesome.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol, that took long.
Yeah, well What can I say...Someone posts that a Whiskey LWB is available in my size I act pretty quickly. I was not positive I wanted it but at least had to find out if it was actually available...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads