1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Very nice, sazon. I can't wait to get mine!

2. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the cadet has the same shape as a PTB in a barrie?? Recently got shell 8 and I have to say I'm loving cordovan. But I heard the debate on black cordovan being meh...

3. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Whiskey Wednesday here as well...

[​IMG]

-Mike

3 people like this.
  4. poena

poena Well-Known Member

so my jcrew perf cap toe boots are hurting my feet at one of the creases. it just bends in right at the top/side of my big toe.

anyway to try to to fix this? is moving the crease to go somewhere else possible? I know it sounds silly.

5. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I thought that too...until I got a pair of boots in black cordovan. Waaaay underrated in my opinion.

6. phototristan

phototristan Well-Known Member

Black shell has it's place. The cadet is on the same last as the PTB, but has one more eyelet. Fit is about identical, IMO.

7. phototristan

phototristan Well-Known Member

Did you get the right size? These apparently fit a bit smaller than other Barrie lasted Aldens. So, many size up from their normal Barrie size.

8. lagsun

lagsun Well-Known Member

Interesting it seems to only work on the Black Cadet shoe and not others....

9. Jortuno

Jortuno Active Member

Just received a pair of Alden Natural Chromexcel Longwing Bluchers # 97873 from the Shoe Marts seconds list. The leather on the left shoe between the laces and wingtip is somewhat darker than that of the right, also the right shoe shows some wrinkling but I can live with this. Other than these two factors these shoes are impeccable and actually very nice. Is there a way to slightly darken the right shoe to get it to match the other? - Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Guessing b/c they recently just dropped and they didn't bother to except it.

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

This thinking made me pass up some great makeups over the years. Honestly I don't understand it. Black shell looks as great (particularly in the sun) as any shell color. And it's actually generally more wearable than rarer colors like whiskey.

12. i10casual

i10casual Well-Known Member

Jortuno, the wrinkles are stretch marks. It's from using leather too close to the belly. Someone is trying to save money.

1 person likes this.
  13. epc2

epc2 Well-Known Member

+1 The black shell LWB seems to be underrated and IMHO looks very very nice.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  14. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Well another thing is I also have a pair of jcrew x alden tobacco coming in, so trying to be good with the impulse buying.

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

I get that seconds are cheaper, etc. but these would be unacceptable to me at any cost.

16. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Nice pick up. With the natural CXL, best to let it age gracefully. It will develop a nice patina and there will be a lot of variation anyway.

17. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Those look awesome with the light antique edging...

-Mike

18. NYDRH

NYDRH Well-Known Member

Very Nice! definitely makes for a nice twist on the traditional, thanks for the pic

19. poena

poena Well-Known Member

yea my usual barrie is a 8.5D
    I got these Jcrew PCT in 9D since my first order of 8.5D were a tad snug.

it's only happening on the left boot. I might try a bit thicker socks next time as opposed to the thin pantherellas.

20. Jortuno

Jortuno Active Member

Thanks i10casual, I have a pair of Chromexcel Wolverine 1000's that showed a few wrinkles similar to these by one of the ankles. Over time the color blended well and the wrinkles are not that that visible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.