1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I am smitten with the Naval boots as well. I do have the Leffot tanker with antique edge on pre-order though!!! Wish I was getting good news on them, soon...haha

2. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info tifosi, the TSM's are just a boot I've been dreaming about lately. Calf is cool my friend. Rock on!

3. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I agree, but my black pair are shell also!! Rock on!

4. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Well-Known Member

by "on leather" you were talking about the soles. I'm sorry tifosi for being so inattentive.

5. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Not a problem, Be. Yes, I meant that the TSM bootmakers are on leather soles. I know...it's Monday! haha

6. aldenfan

aldenfan Well-Known Member

Those laces are awesome. Where did you obtain those?

7. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

tifosi, I put in a pre-order for the Leffot tanker boot (Color 8) as well. As much as I would like to have the Naval Boot in color 8, the Tanker in my preferred 10.5C will be the better choice in the long run. It will also be my first Alden NST.

8. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

9. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

It will be my first Alden NST as well. When I first started getting really into Alden, I almost fell out of my chair the first time I saw those boots. Excited to be able to get them...someday. I had the same response with their #8 LWB with antique. Excited to be able to get them as well...someday. I hate pre-orders! haha

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  10. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Looking terrific MrDV. You have perfect timing. I just got the call from Alden DC, my ordered Ravello LWBs arrived and they are now shipping to me. Anyone interested, Alden DC just got their shipment in. Not sure how many were pre ordered. Best of luck!

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

What what whaaaaat.....could this mean some other Ravello pre-orders will finally be fulfilled? One can only hope.

12. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Not sure quite how the system works, but my understanding is that all sellers are provided an allotment of the available resources. Guess it was their turn. Not sure if that means others have an allotment available to them per se.

13. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Man there are some killer shell boots and LWBs posted today. Have been swamped ALL day and came to find 63 unread posts! Tough to keep up. Your pics are looking phenomenal today, especially Sazon and those color 8 Naval Boots!! [​IMG]

A little embarrassed to show off some Alden calf, but that's what I've sported today... (my second pair of Aldens from a few years back; they make for a nice beater/rainy day shoe)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hope everyone enjoyed their Monday...

1 person likes this.
  14. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

The happiness that spreads through the thread when preorders start to arrive is pretty cool

15. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Repp, Those are some nice looking gunboats and I would not be embarrassed to show those fine pieces of Alden craftsmenship anywhere. We here have way too much shell and should be posting more calf, but I do think most people get Alden's due to their far superior treatment of shell. Enjoy your boats! -Mike

16. ReppTiePrepster

17. ReppTiePrepster

Yes, however, the exponentially growing frustration for 2 years of waiting for tan Suede LWBs, a la Leather Sole is depressing! Sorry Beatleguese [​IMG]

18. stanford88

stanford88 Well-Known Member

Can echo the ravello LWB at Wash DC. Got the call too!

19. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

whats the damage $$ on ravello now?

20. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Embarrassed to say I didn't even ask. I assume its around $720. Let me check credit card.

Update: $730

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.