• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Tom, so you just hold a pen firmly against the leather directly above the spot where your toes meet your foot (flex point)....and then flex forward a few times to set the crease?

Yup.

enigma77

Reaction score
Wow, those are awesome. Cigar is fantastic, and looks great in an Indy.

Might these even look better on the Plaza last? I can't wait to see pics from the Plaza Indys that LS is having worked up... Tom those are still happening, right? I wanted to grab a pair but decided to wait and see how they looked on others before doing so with the next drop.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx! I'll try the pencil method and see what happens.

By the way, those LS pitt boots look incredible.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LynahFaithful
Thanks. I plan to clean them with a damp cloth, brush them vigorously with a horsehair brush for the approved 5 minutes or so, and then buff with a soft cloth. I was curious about the color you use for future reference.

Do you subscribe to the "new shell" waxing technique in the following link?

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index...l_cordovan.htm

it is a good tool

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Yeah, his shoes do always look great.

I took delivery on these cigars yesterday and haven't had the chance to wear them. That's why I'm asking about the pencil method (and wondering if I should bother).

good looking boots. enjoy wearing

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
zmz29j.jpg

slappy

Reaction score
Can someone measure the height of the heel on their Indy boots. I am interested in the front of the heel, i.e. the bottom of the heel to the sole. Also the height of the back of the heel.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
bounce2.gif

Where do I send my money?

My guess is LSBH. Tom said he had some blue suede coming up.

slappy

Reaction score
Ha I keep almost buying shoes online, but I am going to wait until LSBH opens so I can see the shoes I want first hand before dropping the cash. Though I am buying the Winn Perry navy suede quoddys atm.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
gorgeous! what size are those?

thank you. 9D

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quick question for you guys - does anyone have any experience with the alden crepe sole on icy sidewalks? I know nothing will save you from a complete sheet of ice, but I've had a lot of trouble wearing the Indy neoprene soles on icy and recently shoveled sidewalks in the winter and was wondering if crepe would be just as good as commando soles for that purpose. If anyone has the Roy boots or similar shoes and wore them in the winter, please comment. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads