1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

I just looked at both pics. I think you both are correct. The stitching of the barrie lasted whiskey seems to be closer the edge. The stitching on the ravello appears higher on the vamp, creating a different look/illusion. The shape of the whiskey is definitely rounder than the ravello.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

RTP: Uncle, while these are fantastic, I think I like your whiskey NST from yesterday a smidge more. Is this ravello NST on the barrie? Are your whiskey NST from yesterday on aberdeen? Both are sublime. Wear in great health...

Objection. The ravellos win this battle going away. :D The ravello NST on the Aberdeen is one of Alden's finest models, IMO. But, of course, both are nice.

A good weekend to all.

3. sevenfoldtieguy

RTP: I just looked at both pics. I think you both are correct. The stitching of the barrie lasted whiskey seems to be closer the edge. The stitching on the ravello appears higher on the vamp, creating a different look/illusion. The shape of the whiskey is definitely rounder than the ravello.

NSTs on Barrie and NSTs on Aberdeen: IRL, a side by side comparison presents an entirely different shoe, IMO.

4. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence... lol. I may agree with you if given the chance to try both and see both side-by-side.

Enjoy yours as well Seven...

5. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

Enter Marisa tomei in my cousin vinny....
    . "It's a fact."

Uncle's ravello nsts win by a nose. They are freaking awesome.

It's difficult to figure lasts on his shoes because some are narrow width, he also bought back when alden offered special orders.
    In short, he cheated. Like the guy who bought 50 Michael Jordan rookie cards back in 86.

6. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Well-Known Member

You should propose then. If nothing else you may get shells.

7. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir. I believe I heard that the boot is going to be discontinued, so snap it up while you can.

8. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Well-Known Member

Absolutely great !

9. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Well-Known Member

10. n-domino

n-domino Well-Known Member

My new pair of Cooney boots arrived today. Will have to wait until fall, unfortunately. These look comfy.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

Sadly the saga continues with my cigar PTB's.

To recap, they had a streaky, uneven finish upon receipt. I thought I could live with it. However, every time I wore them in sunlight, the uneven finish seemed more and more apparent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I sent images to TSM to inquire about having Alden refinish them and they requested I ship them back to TSM for inspection. TSM sent them to Alden for refinishing and they came back last week (3 weeks door to door). They looked great, the streaks were gone and I was happy to have them back after just three weeks.

[​IMG]

However after just a day of wear this past monday, the finish flaked off in certain spots right at the creases. I sent these images back to TSM on Tuesday and my CS Rep forwarded them to Ed, the owner. I'm awaiting their response now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shoemart's been great so far and I'm not worried at all about their service.

Anybody ever see anything like this before? These are my 5th pair of shell shoes/boots (Alden & AE) and it's new to me.

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Looks almost like spray paint which hasn't adhered to a surface?! Very strange and I hope it gets fixed for you!

13. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

Thanks hoit. Looks like that to me as well.

14. mechanicalmatt

mechanicalmatt Member

Alright...Indy sizing question. A ten fits me 100% spot on perfect. Unfortunately, I can't find the natural cxl in anything but a 10.5 and I'm really, really set on that shade. Anybody have experience throwing superfeet insoles in their Indys? I'm hoping that adding the black ones might make up the .5 size difference.

15. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Don't do it.

16. sevenfoldtieguy

+1

17. gosheik

gosheik Well-Known Member

I would wait for a 10. In addition to missing out on the perfect fit, I've found that insoles are a hassle when you're trying to get a shoe tree in and out.

18. sevenfoldtieguy

The insoles should come out before trees are inserted.

19. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  20. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

Thank your sir. These are on the trusty Trubalance last. Super comfy all day long for me and my flat feet and orthotics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.