1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

One thing i missed. I know Barrie lasts are much more popular than the Modified Last but I'd just jump on it if it were on the Modified Last. But I'd go Barrie also.

2. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

has anyone got their hand on the Tarrago nano protector that Leffot is distributing? I have a can enroute, wondering how it might work out on cordovan.. might try it on some AE patriot seconds that I have.. wondering what it may or may not do to the finish/shine

3. kwhitelaw

pretty much my preference to a T, in a boot format. more towards cigar colorwise. definite no to the ruby.

4. phototristan

phototristan Well-Known Member

I'd be a little scared to put it on my shell cordovan but maybe that's just me.

5. kwhitelaw

I have no doubt that it would protect against rain (as the Leffot video easily shows on those snuff ptbs), I'm just wondering how a pair of cordo would shine up.. also wonder what some renomat would do against it

might have to experiment [​IMG]

6. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

7. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

I agree. I think it is just a bad picture of model 975.

8. aldenfan

aldenfan Well-Known Member

I'm interested.

9. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

Cool idea. I'd be interested IF Carmina could guarantee DARK cognac (as close to cigar as possible).

All eyelets. Double leather. Dark edge trim. Close heel. Flat welt. Perf captoe. I'm not as set on those details as the dark cognac.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  10. trig

trig Well-Known Member

he said Thor but in Ruby

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I'd be in for that if Carmina could make as close to a replication as possible of the Thor boot in cognac shell. Our MTO with Alden DC will probably never get made, so I can jump on board with a Carmina version.

BTW, OP with the original idea for this - probably should go ahead and make a new thread so the Alden thread doesn't get cluttered with Carmina MTO talk. However, great idea to start the talk in here to get a bunch of Alden addicts on board :)

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

#8 full strap
    argyles otc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  13. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Well-Known Member

I know Carmina has done MTOs in the past with cognac where the color came out significantly lighter than expected. I agree that a dark cognac would be preferable.

Also, I know GCB said he wanted something like the Barrie, but considering that so many Alden models are made on the Barrie, I'm surprised that there hasn't been more interest in something like the Grant or Plaza. Perhaps the idea was to create a very typical Alden boot via Carmina rather than a boot similar to one that Carmina already makes?

14. stmaier

stmaier Well-Known Member

You guys should check out page 223 of the Epaulet x Carmina MTO thread. Mike has a picture of a vintage WWII John Lobb boot that he is going to have Carmina make. He is thinking of doing it in the Cognac cordovan (same color as their Anderson jumper boot). This may be a bit high for some but it should come out pretty stellar looking.

15. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Well-Known Member

Uncle Mac, love the classy #8 full straps and argyles.The 684's have a dressier look than the LHS's.

16. Hill

Hill Well-Known Member

I'm partial to BootSpell and Kwhitelaw's preference as well, with the understanding that the original idea was for ruby. If that's the case, I'd be interested in subsequent makeups, if any come up for discussion.

17. shaunw

shaunw Well-Known Member

I'm hoping your last sentence is correct. I have never dabbled in carminas because their last are more narrow and formal looking which isn't a look that I'm interested in. I though the idea was to do cognac shell, if the makeup is ruby shell I would definitely be out.

18. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

New addition [​IMG] . Hoping for a day w/o rain chances so I can break these out this week. Apologies for all the pix since I can't figure out how to spoiler using firefox:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. tampatravel

tampatravel Well-Known Member

Those are beauties. Wear them in good health!

Were you able to get the 30% off during the corp sale @ BB?

20. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Cigar Caps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.