1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

I've never ordered from them either. You have to wonder, the competition for business is fierce and with companies like Need Supply, epaulet & TSM offering free postage on orders, how does Unionmade compete?

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

^ probably with unique makeups that you can't find anywhere else.

3. mikeharo

mikeharo Well-Known Member

+1 for Unionmade and their great customer service - a few years ago, I ordered a size 8 Indy boot but a size 11 was delivered - they shipped the exchange that day via next day air day before I even made it to ship the originals back to them

4. Hill

Hill Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback on these retailers, but Need Supply, as Beatlegeuse mentioned, doesn't have a makeup that Unionmade has. My brother ordered his first Aldens and went with these:
    http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Hawes_Plain_Toe_Boot_in_Reverse_Tobacco_Chamois_45193H_8818.html

He's after this look, but with the crepe sole:
    http://vibergboot.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/20130207-144635.jpg

As was the case with my first pair, he was a bit hesitant to spend this kind of money on a pair of shoes. Was just trying to save him a few dollars. Hoping he likes them and that addiction will ensue.

5. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

I've ordered from Unionmade and Need Supply numerous times each and never had a bad experience from either. FWIW, Unionmade has always answered my emails promptly and has helped me out with special requests on more than one occasion. I've also never had a problem making returns to them

6. MickCollins1916

MickCollins1916 Well-Known Member

Thanks...and yes, the toe box is narrower than the Hampton, IMO.

[​IMG]
    Black shell tassels today

7. meso

meso Well-Known Member

A lot of dot-com and entertainment types flush with cash live in Venice, Hollywood and Santa Monica.

Generally, although unionmade is closer to me, I prefer needsupply and epaulet for the service and more reasonable prices.

Since I'm in CA, with tax and no discount code the difference is over $100 on a pair of $500 Aldens vs. needsupply.

8. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Unionmade is the bomb. I peppered them endlessly (every 2 weeks for months) about their upcoming ravello kirkwood boot and the guy called me back when it came in and I was able to get it in my size. They took it from the warehouse and held it for me on the day it arrived, and it was the first time I had bought something from the store.

9. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

****PSA**** IT appears TSM has some NST lace ups in Cigar and Whiskey in stock in multiple sizes on Barrie last.

Good hunting!

See Ya,
    Steve

10. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

I would say the Snap's toe box is similar to the Hampton. Both the Snap and Hampton run TTS, but I prefer the Snap. For my feet, the Snap is one of Alden's best, and I have numerous Alden for BB models on it.

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Packed up the various boots today as summertime approaches. Had a nice final mac-session before bagging and boxing them up for the heat.

Closet now appears to need more shoes...

12. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Cigar LHS today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

nephew,
    thank you

14. mcarthur

nephew,
    i like your tassels

1 person likes this.
  15. mcarthur

nephew, good looking combo

16. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

I have never been to a Unionmade store but their collection overall seems to be well curated, and their stores are located in areas where people care about clothes. Good recipe for success. I have looked at many of their Alden models, but I like E widths so I doubt I will be buying much from them soon

17. totalair1

Shoe fairy arrived. Still waiting on a few more pairs. Posted below are:

6831 Whiskey Full strap
    1031 Cigar split toe slip on
    13132 Cigar chukka
    1473 Whiskey chukka

Not arrived yet #8 NST on Barrie, Cigar and Whiskey NST on Aberdeen and 2 Cigar belts. Got the whiskey belt. I still need Ravello and that's the hardest one to find.

A shout out to all of you that caused this addition. Could not have done it without all of the great posts, photos and tips![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See Ya,
    Steve

2 people like this.
  18. totalair1

Photo of my Whiskeys in NST Barrie last, Full straps slips on Aberdeen, and Chukka on Barrie

See Ya,
    Steve[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Someone won the lottery! Great acquisitions... wear in great health my friend!!

20. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

Good stuff. I have the whiskey and cigar chukkas, both are excellent models. Your cigar split toe loafers and whiskey NSTs both look excellent. Could I ask where you got these from? TSM has a cigar NST blucher in my size... I have more cigar than anything else but they are still calling my name...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.