1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaunw

shaunw Well-Known Member

Kind of reminds me of this.....on my cigar indy boots. Doesn't bother me too much but I also didn't pay $730 for them
    [​IMG]

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

^ those would easily be worth it for TSM seconds price, but not $730. On the other hand, with the scarcity of Ravello out there, you might be able to sell these for above retail to someone else! :p

3. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

at the TSM seconds price, I'd keep them. that being said, I'll process the return and someone else can live with them

4. docalden2013

docalden2013 Well-Known Member

K, 4 of my 5 Barrie lasted lwb's were 8.5d. I bought the Barrie whiskey lwb in 8e an found no problem in length. It's even comfier for me than the d width. I would think a Barrie chukka should work similarly. What do you guys think?

5. deez nuts

deez nuts Well-Known Member

will be picking up a pair of the j crew alden crushed suede chukkas in US 10.5 from a friend next week, he asked me to help list them here on SF. does anyone know the retail? he said it was close to $500 but doesnt remember for sure. thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  6. sean2slow

sean2slow Well-Known Member

Hello
    Quick sizing question:
    I have my eyes on natural chromexcel tassel loafers on brooks brothers as my summer shoes and wondering how aberdeen last fits
    I wear 7d in barrie and 7.5d in laydon comfortably with thin socks.
    Will I be 7.5 d in aberdeen.
    Thanx a bunch!

7. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

^^ typically up 1/2 size for Aberdeen ^^

8. sean2slow

sean2slow Well-Known Member

9. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

You will most likely be a 7.5; however, you may consider going down in width to get a snug fit at the heel. I go down in width with all my loafers.

10. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

How do you get a copy of what The Shoe Mart has on the 2nd's list?

See Ya,
    Steve

11. TactileOne

TactileOne Well-Known Member

Emai them, I did this moirning and got a reply within an hour. If I remember correctly there is a place on their page to do this.

12. TactileOne

TactileOne Well-Known Member

TactileOne is a lousy typer, and bad at multitasking.

13. azima

azima Well-Known Member

It's a mix between both. Definitely stiffer than chromexcel - not as much as cordovan. Still breaking them in.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  14. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Well-Known Member

If you are really interested in selvedge and in NYC, I'd recommend stopping by Blue in Green or Self Edge (or check out their websites). The guys in the stores are very knowledgable and will help you purchase a pair that will fit you perfectly.

15. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This looks like a good place for Aldens.

1 person likes this.
  16. Superix

Superix Member

[​IMG]

Hello
    I recently bought my first pair of Alden cordovan, the NST boot you see in the picture above. I am size 10,5 in Hampton and Leydon Last, so I decide to size up to 11 for Aberdeen last and it worked perfectly.
    I am not experienced in the way that cordovan leather is breaking in, but as you can see at the second picture below there is significant difference between the left and the right shoe after the first 4 times I wore them. I don’t expect of course them to break in identically but … such a big a difference makes me wonder.
    Is this something that should be expected? Is this the way the cordovan leather usually breaks in?
    thx

[​IMG]

17. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

Got it!

Thanks,
    Steve

18. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Quick question guys... I'm a 13D on the Brannock. Is there any chance that a 12E in the Leydon would work for me?

19. alex4nder

alex4nder Well-Known Member

That looks similar to how my NSTs have broken in. Is your left foot bigger than your right?

20. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

My NST's have similar creases....on both feet but one is more pronounced than the other

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.