1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue collar

blue collar Well-Known Member

Very nice looking...and nice in theory. However, i feel like caring for that shoe would be a pain. I'd be stressing the whole time. "Dont get reno on the suede" and god forbid "Dont hit the chromexel with the suede brush!!!" :fu: edit: the best version was the need supply CXL x Natural CXL . My CXL grail!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  2. blue collar

blue collar Well-Known Member

stunning!

3. CalceoAdamator

CalceoAdamator Well-Known Member

LOL... Guess I better have a steady hand... Or be open to introducing more "character" to these pups!!

4. tmw

tmw Well-Known Member

That's one cool looking shoe. You should seriously consider having EG make a pair for you. They will probably cost about $1300 in shell but you will be able to make a shoe that is as beautiful as it is comfortable. And you would receive it 6 months after ordering, not 2 years....and if there were defects (very rare) they would be promptly re-made. I would contact Steven at Leffot, and perhaps show him that picture and see what he can whip up for you. I love my Aldens (all 24 pair), but there is nothing quite like a made to order EG, IMHO. The Sandringham model on the 202 last would give you something similar to that AE that you like. Best of luck with whatever you decide...

5. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

Who sells these? Looks like a TSM picture...

6. jereth

jereth Active Member

J Crews customer service is excellent. They shipped me the wrong style and size yesterday. I called them immediately and they issued me a full refund to my card before receiving the wrong item back (free return shipping. They were very apologetic and told me they would do a nation wide retail search to try and locate the boots that I originally ordered. Sure enough, they found and shipped them today. Nothing bad to say. Mistakes happen, its how you own up to them and right the wrong that matters. Kudos to J Crew.

2 people like this.
  7. Resistant

Resistant Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is an example of cigar shell on Hampton last with natural edge trim double soul. Not a bad impersonation and on sale, so I popped to hold me over until my pre-order ships.

Life only feels normal with an Alden pre-order to wait for. I could survive waiting for unicorn cap boots, just get ten other pair while I wait and wait...

8. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Since when is EG shell mto $1300?

9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

It is at least $1,600 - been that way for a few years

10. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

is that the marlow? how does it fit compared to barrie last?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  11. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Yeah that is what I thought too, poster said $1300 for EG shell, was asking him where that price exists

12. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Funny. I got a pair of those today too. Same size. They've got a similar variation in grain.
    I've got a pair of grain Tricker's which are that way too. My BBBF black grain LWBs are pretty uniform though.

Sizing on these chukkas feel pretty much the same as my other Barrie chukkas.

They feel like they've been sitting on some shelf since Autumn 2007.

13. creacher

creacher Member

Late to the party here but yes, only Unionmade has this exact combo with the neocork. I have and love these boots, bought them around this time last year and only now have they restocked. Fit/feel exactly like Indy's and I usually alternate between these and 403's in the winter. Here's mine after applying some pitch blend.

[​IMG]

An unrelated note: picked these up from Sid Mashburn last weekend. First Ravello shoes for me and last size in stock (other than a 9.5D on display).
    Can anyone identify the last? Appears to be Aberdeen but was told it was "custom" in store.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. jkater1

jkater1 Well-Known Member

Was wondering the same thing since my calf Dovers that I just got cost that.

15. izach

izach Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how much experience you have with manufacturing. Expansion isn't an easy thing. Alden isn't expanding, they are just taking advantage of their capability to hold the market by the .... Why expand when customer are willing (in these days of age) to wait 10+ weeks for horse hide light brown delivery.

16. phototristan

phototristan Well-Known Member

A bit too much for me, frankly.

17. jkater1

jkater1 Well-Known Member

Copley runs TTS for me, was the best fitting last right out of the box for me, 1/2 size down barrie is just behind it for me. I wish more shoes were made on it.

18. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Can't really tell without a shot from directly above or below. If they fit TTS, they may be Aberdeen. Otherwise I'd say it's barrie. I like this PTB without the 360 storm welt. Looks similar to the BB PTB except for the eyelets. Congrats on a wonderful pick up... wear in great health!

19. MickCollins1916

MickCollins1916 Well-Known Member

20. CalceoAdamator

CalceoAdamator Well-Known Member

10+ weeks? More like 10+ months (and that would be good)... LOL... Supply and demand management... Keep them hungry for the product...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.