• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can try seeing if CitiShoes has the ravello NST in your size. They are listed as "Brandy shell cordovan"
http://www.citishoes.com/pg7.htm
Also J. Gilbert has a color 8 NST boot on the Plaza, with commando sole. They also have the blucher too
http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/Shoes-Norwegian_Front_Boot_254.htm

If you have preference towards one last over another though this may be problematic.

Just FYI: Citishoes calls whiskey shell "Brandy shell." I've inquired of that specifically.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^+1 for Alden DC service. What do you have on order with them?

Kathy at Alden DC is great. I recently acquired from her a pair of Ravello captoes (perf tip) with medallion toe, on the Plaza last, with double leather soles. It is a stunning shoe. :nodding:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is in Cigar shell is pretty much what the Thor boot with Alden DC will look like.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

n-domino

Reaction score
Wow those are gorgeous... Are those the historic Day Tripper's?
Yeah...absolutely gorgeous boots. I'm waiting for when Leffot receives the second run of them. Either this month or next, hopefully. Got on the order list last October.

Chaos_Cow

Reaction score
Man... I'm going crazy looking for Ravello plain toe boots or cap toe boots. I don't even need them in the next year, I'm just looking for someone who would be put me on the pre-order list so I feel like there's some sort of progress being made. Leffot said that they won't take more pre-orders as they don't know when more Ravello shells are being made - does anyone know other pre-order etc going on?

I've apparently got a nasty completionist streak that these shoes just wake up in me.

ThomSquared

Reaction score

Yeah...absolutely gorgeous boots. I'm waiting for when Leffot receives the second run of them. Either this month or next, hopefully. Got on the order list last October. 

Not sure where you got that estimated delivery date, I have been on that list since February and last I heard was mid to late 2013, if that.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
close. the j. crew only has brogueing on the back of the toe... not anywhere else on the boot.

This is in Cigar shell is pretty much what the Thor boot with Alden DC will look like.
I'm pretty sure the Thor only has a punch cap toe and no other broguing as well. It should appear exactly as in my avatar, unless Alden deviates from the design submitted.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if the Thor boot preorder with Alden DC is closed, you may be able to buy a pair once the shoes are delivered if one of the preorder-ers doesn't complete the purchase or if Alden DC orders extra pairs of the boot for the store (that's how I got my whiskey Indy boots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics