1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Just don't want them to come off and they will come off on their own. :stirpot:

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I had a boot with pull tabs once years ago and it annoyed the hell out of me that my pants always got caught on them. I haven't had pull tabs since then and I doubt I ever will. Nothing aesthetically wrong with them, but functionally they drove me nuts.

3. green garden

green garden Well-Known Member

Newbie here. LS = leather soul? Which store?

4. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

I wish I had a pair of whiskey LWB... :(

5. green garden

green garden Well-Known Member

I have the same experience. My typical dress shoe size is 8D. I was fitted by the Alden store in SFO and the associated let me try the 8C and it fit really well. I've been using my 990 for about 3 months now with no issues. And yes, looking for C is very difficult to find. So the next time I find myself in the city, I may try a 7.5D and see if it works.

Just curious... Question for gforce, do you have experience with the Leydon last? Did you just use the standard width for you? Unfortunately I don't have any model outside of my 990 and I have my eye on a model from Epaulet that is on Leydon. Want to avoid a trip into the SFO store with the intention of just trying a shoe out and buying from another store.

6. CalceoAdamator

CalceoAdamator Well-Known Member

So you got them!! Awesome... Love the tones... Congrats and wear them in the best off health...

7. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

thanks for the kind words gentlemen

8. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

Those are just gorgeous! I don't have any ravello and am incredibly envious. I'm at the point in my boot collection (and also with the current prices of shell) that I am being very particular and discerning in what I buy now. But I know that if I find a boot in ravello in my size, there will be no hesitation.

I second El Argentino's comment --- a worn-in boot has so much more character (as long as you don't need it for dressier occasions).

9. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

shaunw, those boots are awesome

color 8 lwb + purple

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

Thanks to a great seller. I always liked the makeup and they are kind of the casual little brother to my color 8 perf cap toe boots.

I know what you mean about pull tabs. I have a pair of RMW Craftsman boots and the pull tabs get in the way of dressier, light weight trousers. As these are CXL, they'll be worn with heavier weight chinos and denim so I hope they won't bother me. Haven't been an issue yet.

11. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

I like how you bring out the eggplant w/ the purple laces. Good job playing colors.

13. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Well-Known Member

So....to the only people on the planet who would appreciate this story:

I was traveling today and I was notified by UPS that my #8 straight tip bluchers arrived at my desk. One of my coworkers, clearly knowledgable of my addiction, emailed me saying that another office mate had seen the Alden box and curiosity and brought him to open it (I work in the fashion industry) and TRY ON THE SHOES.

In a frenzy, I emailed back, asking if they had been creased. They had. Mail fraud be damned, the shoes were creased by feet other than my own! I'm not sure my veins have known angrier blood....

I spent the rest of the afternoon struggling not to write scathing emails to said person, or HR.

It turns out, I had been troll'd by a skilled hand...april fools come early. The shoes were intact, unopened.

What would you have done?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    3 people like this.
  14. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

15. CalceoAdamator

CalceoAdamator Well-Known Member

Algonquin shells today...
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. david3558

david3558 Well-Known Member

You speak truth when you say we are the only people on this planet who would appreciate the story - good one, albeit too early?

17. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

you must get your sweet revenge for this:cloud:

18. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

Well said.

19. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

cant believe you fell for that, must be in deep

20. kram6136

kram6136 Well-Known Member

Ha! A guy on one of the fountain pen forums related how his wife pulled a similar trick on him. She texted him at work to say that some limited edition pen he'd been waiting for had arrived, and that she'd opened it and inked the pen to see how it was. She said the nib seemed kind of scratchy, but she wasn't sure if she was holding it right or not. The guy practically blew a gasket! LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.