• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This.
Indys are work boots. Wear them and enjoy them. They're meant for mud, rain, sun, etc.
I mean jeeez, INDIANA JONES WORE THEM.
I wouldn't wear them with a suit though.

Indiana Jones is a fake character though. The real story is that Harrison Ford worked as a carpenter before he made the big time as an actor, and swore by Alden 405's while working all day in the shop.

When he got cast as Indiana Jones, the costume designer was trying different boots for him but he insisted on wearing his trusty Aldens. The studio then went to a shoe store in Burbank and bought several paris in Harrison Ford's size to use in the film. Some were aged and dirtied for different scenes, etc.

Last edited:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indiana Jones is a fake character though. The real story is that Harrison Ford worked as a carpenter before he made the big time as an actor, and swore by Alden 405's while working all day in the shop.

When he got cast as Indiana Jones, the costume designer was trying different boots for him but he insisted on wearing his trusty Aldens. The studio then went to a shoe store in Burbank and bought several paris in Harrison Ford's size to use in the film. Some were aged and dirtied for different scenes, etc.
i don't believe you.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have to try and convince my boss to do the same.

marmottan

Reaction score
Nohtin' special here...just an old, well-cared for pair of PTBs in #8.

Very nice and well-cared PTB.
Wear them in good health.

All of you must have already watched this:
From 00:30, this story is briefly explained.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To the contrary, it is precisely shoes like this that are special. :nodding:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The real story is that Harrison Ford worked as a carpenter before he made the big time as an actor, and swore by Alden 405's while working all day in the shop

So amftxs point still stands right?

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ah, I see it now...I couldn't see the drop-down for Pre-orders when I checked on my phone, but I see it on my computer now. Looks like you can only order standard D widths tho, which pretty much kills any pre-order for me unfortunately. Or I guess fortunately in this case, since I really don't have any money to spend on any more shoes right now.

They are offering the Indy Boots and Tanker Boots in E widths. I just preordered the tanker in 9.5E. I don't have any tankers or NSTs, and the classic #8 tanker would be a welcome addition to the collection.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are offering the Indy Boots and Tanker Boots in E widths. I just preordered the tanker in 9.5E. I don't have any tankers or NSTs, and the classic #8 tanker would be a welcome addition to the collection.

I need a B width, so I'm still SOL. The only pre-orders that work for me is when the retailer lets you order any size, which is what I did with Leffot and Epaulet so far this year.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

good shine on your ptb
with good care they should last at least 39 years

monologuist

Reaction score

One of my FAVORITES!! Here in the wild!

Very handsome shoe...how are they in terms of versatility and what do you wear with them? Are they the kind of shoe that needs to be kept up a bit to look good or do they lend themselves to wear/age? And are they a bit on the "attention-grabbing" side or do they tend to blend into an outfit like most other longwings?

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bi3p5g.jpg

cigar wt boot
argy;es otc
168hl05.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads