1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

Whiskey Chukka, Ravello LHS. Its a clear decision for me.

It is so very generous of you to offer, and I look forward to receiving them. 9C Please.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. hkpm

hkpm Well-Known Member

I will choose (2) a whiskey chukka and a ravello LHS

3. Eleganza

Eleganza Active Member

Thanks for the info, but I am pretty much aware of that, about Mr. Ford and his preferences. However, since the origins of that shoe were that of the orthopedic sort, that also confirms my Fred G Sanford comment as well.

4. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

nephew,
    i would select (1)

5. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

#2 for me. Whiskey Chukka and Ravello LHS

6. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Well-Known Member

Ha, I hope that overnight shipping will be sufficient Bakes11771.

7. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Well-Known Member

So far it is 1 vote (Uncle, notably) for ravello chukka/whiskey LHS and 3 votes for whiskey chukka/ravello LHS.

8. axroox

axroox Active Member

I always thought this was a Hawaiian custom -- a sign of respect reserved for members of the extended "family". Not remotely creepy to me -- friendly and respectful, like Mac.

9. unclesam099

unclesam099 Well-Known Member

Option #1

10. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

Ravello LHS. Anybody doing this make up now? I need a new 8.5D. Mucho Gracias!

11. Organika

Organika Well-Known Member

Would like to hear opinions before a purchase. Out of these three shoes, LHS, Full strap, Tassel, which do you prefer for casual/work, yet everyday use. If the tassel is the most formal of the three, ordinarily it would still be worn with denim/casual clothing?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

Whiskey chukka and ravello lhs

13. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

I'll settle for a black shell balmoral captoe. Had a pair on order. Just got notified that the order came in sans my special order size. Turns out that the shoes were damaged during fabrication and couldn't be delivered (after a six month wait). They were going to be my first pair of shell. Seems like a bad omen to me.

14. Psyched2

Psyched2 Member

Nope, it's just Alden's way of hooking you in. Their reinforcement schedule is worse than gambling.

15. PhiPsi32

They're not doing a good job. I'm ready to defect to Carmina and Viberg.

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

lol :nodding:

17. Edmund K

Edmund K Well-Known Member

Did Alden only damage your pair? or the whole batch is gone? I am really sorry to hear that. It sounds like they're making experimental art piece.

18. PhiPsi32

Uh, I'm not sure. It was part of a stocking order for Alden NY. They didn't mention any other pairs that weren't delivered. In my case, I asked for a special size, and they only ordered one pair in that size.

19. MickCollins1916

MickCollins1916 Well-Known Member

Sucks, man. Sorry to hear this.

If it's any consolation, a similar thing also happened to me recently. I preordered the #4 and black saddle shoe from J. Gilbert last year. After a lengthy wait, and being charged for the shoes (followed by a second lengthy wait, and a series of emails over the course of months containing weird excuses), J. Gilbert finally had to tell me mine was the only pair in the order Alden didn't deliver because they were damaged. Apparently, there was some issue with color variation such that the pair didn't meet Alden's high quality standards - snicker - and they weren't going to be able to make a second pair for me. So, after a long saga, I got my money back, but missed out on those saddles I coveted.

J. Gilbert was fine, but I wasn't real impressed with Alden in that instance, since J. Gilbert apparently had a tough time prying ANY info out of Alden about my order to share with me. Doesn't put the black shell bals on your feet, but at least you know you're not alone in that experience.

20. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

Ravello Captoe from Alden DC, in bad lighting, but you all know the drill on these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.