1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

8 months? That's the fastest turnaround I've heard an an Alden pre-order lately.

2. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

Mine just shipped! Ahhh!

3. onestar

onestar Well-Known Member

I'm in Sydney and I've just received notification from UPS that my Daytrippers are en route. Love the anticipation. I too wonder what the Ravello shade will be like.

I will post pics.

4. trig

trig Well-Known Member

i have no idea when leffot re-ordered after their last run of daytrippers but i'm sure his 8 month wait was just that he reserved a size that had already been ordered.

5. furo

furo Well-Known Member

Same here, finally, the wait is over. Mine arrive tomorrow. Never worn the Grant so hope they fit.

6. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Well-Known Member

a little birdy told me leffot will have another pre-order of day trippers coming up. the order has been submitted and they are waiting for it to be confirmed by alden at which point it will be put online under the normal leffot alden pre-order system.

7. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

FYI epaulet put up more sizes for their color 8 brixton

8. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Well-Known Member

9. Simplicio

Simplicio Well-Known Member

I got what must have been the other size 9.5D cigar captoe boot (from Alden DC). My understanding is that the wait list for that size is now 9-10 deep. I suppose I feel lucky.

10. cold war painter

cold war painter Well-Known Member

11. imolazhp_ci

just have someone on the forum proxy them for you.

12. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered my Day Tripper back in January of this year, I guess I didn't make the first round of pre-orders?

13. LoserG

LoserG Member

I've been lurking this thread for months and it's finally time to make my first post. Just bought my first pair of Aldens ever, the cigar Shell Cordovan Cap-toe Boot from Alden DC! I'd like to thank all of you for the plethora of valuable information in this thread; and while it was a long wait I'm glad I was patient enough for this model to restock. I'll post pictures up as soon as they arrive on my doorstep.

Just one pertinent question: I bought it in size 8D and was wondering which shoe trees (size, brand, style) would go best with the Grant last. I feel like this is an important piece of the shoe care puzzle and want to make sure I get the right fit.

14. imolazhp_ci

i always use hanger project/woodlore EPIC. same thing. $30. in a size 8 you'd want a small or medium. they're never consistent. i'd start with a medium... i tend to like my trees tight.

15. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

I'm a size 8 and the Woodlore Epic is my favorite shoe tree. I would definitely recommend a small. They run quite large. As it is, some of my shoes/boots will not take even a small in the Epic. For those, I use an Allen-Edmonds full shoe tree in small also.

16. borderline

borderline Well-Known Member

I'm thinking small as well. I'm a 10D and use a Medium. I don't think having them super tight would be good for the leather, unless you want a longer shoe (?).

17. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Latest addition:

[​IMG]

18. LoserG

LoserG Member

^^
    Lovely pair. That's next on my list!

Also, thanks everyone for the shoe tree replies. I'm going to go with the woodlore epic in small.

19. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

Very nice, Congrats.

20. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These are my babies. I love an antique edge, but these are so perfect with my navy suit. Military-sharp.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.