1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s3lam

s3lam Well-Known Member

Not sure if this belongs here but thought I would share this pic. Just got them today.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

enjoy wearing your wt and they definitely belong on this forum

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #8 cap toe boot
    argyles otc

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. AldenLuver

AldenLuver Well-Known Member

5. Dicky Greenleaf

Dicky Greenleaf New Member

you don't know the size, but you ordered shells? I bet you are into that whole "Yale" thing...[​IMG]

6. Dicky Greenleaf

Dicky Greenleaf New Member

you don't know the size, but you ordered shells? You should probably have gone in for a professional fitting. Are you into that whole "Yale" thing btw? [​IMG]

7. thebeebs

thebeebs Well-Known Member

IMO, wearing the Barrie LWB, the tip of your longest toe should be approximately 1.0-1.25 inches from the end of the shoe. A thumb width is another good rough measure. By decoration, I assume you mean broguing [​IMG]

8. thebeebs

Beautiful! I bet you're going to get a comment from Sevenfoldtieguy -- he loves the Alden BB shells in color 8, as do I. They are more of a purplish/eggplant/Grimace from McDonald's color

9. thebeebs

Who cares, so long as you're not the one working? [​IMG]

BTW, this is my 100th post -- do I get some sort of promotion or title for this?

10. arrow

arrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Unionmade Mclaren

1 person likes this.
  11. ElDave

ElDave Well-Known Member

Those look great! Please post more - I am considering picking up a pair.

12. mothball

mothball Well-Known Member

I have to talk myself out of picking up a pair every time I see a pic. They look great!

13. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Whiskey plain toes with a few miles on 'em.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. arrow

arrow Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    I was surprised at how better they fit in the heel area compared to my other similarly barrie lasted shoes.
    Very compatible with denim as well as chinos. I'd say take the plunge if they still have your size. This re-stock took 8 months.

15. forsan

forsan Well-Known Member

Every time I see the Unionmade McLaren in the wild, I warm up more and more to the idea of them. I'm not huge on longwings, but something about that two-tone combo is awesome.

I'll be in San Francisco this weekend...I just might have to make it happen!

16. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Quick question from a new guy... how versatile are cigar PTB's? What do you usually wear them with? thanks!

17. thebeebs

Has anyone used Alden Leather Defender on other non-Alden, calfskin? I just applied some to my 2010 Lobb St Crepins in Dark Brown Misty Calf (antiqued finish), and I am not sure if my shoes changed color, or whether they were always like this and I didn't really notice the blemishes. Maybe someone out there owns a shoe in Misty Calf and can tell me if this looks normal? I can't believe Lobb would manufacture a shoe with such sensitive antiquing...

I hope this doesn't sound silly, but I'm worried I may have screwed up some really pricey kicks...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

These absolutely belong on here.

I have numerous Color 8 Alden for BB models, and the one constant is a rich burgundy color with deep purple hues. :nodding: Some, but not all, of my Alden factory models in Color 8 are in the same color category; all of my Alden for BB models in Color 8 are. My understanding is that there is no difference in treatment between color 8 factory models and color 8 Alden for BB models, so perhaps this is merely coincidence. Overall the color variations in Color 8 models is fine with me as having a variety is nice.

19. blue collar

blue collar Well-Known Member

IMO those shoes would go with EVERYTHING from grey/blue/tan/ tweed suits to denim to chinos...everyhting except a black suit or obviously a tux

20. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Well-Known Member

As I prepared to exit a train here in Tokyo today I spotted what looked like an Alden on the very large advertisement dangling over my head. Sure enough. A Modified last color 8 blucher was pictured under the title (in Japanese) "the ever popular shoe maker, Alden". Next to the Alden in the picture was a New Balance sneaker. The ad was for the current issue of the fashion magazine Begin. The theme this month is Alden vs. New Balance. Now I understand Alden & New Balance. But Alden vs. New Balance I don't follow. Further investigation required.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.