1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Yes uncle, New York Historical. Wonderful exhibit on beer, picked the wrong time to go gluten free. The 18 minute short on NY's history was also nice. Most of the time though i was in the bowels of the place working on projects for next year.

It opened on 11/11/11 after 3 years of being closed, and since Ken Jackson took over (I think its Ken Jackson) it really has moved from the "white peoples NYHS" to a real NYHS. Might even make MCoNY obsolete, though if they combined forces, what a place that would be. As far as being a Yankee fan, Uncle and Saz, no one is perfect...:D

Thanks for all the comments on these. I thought I'd have to wait for fall to break them out, but I was glad I got them in, they are BEAUTIFUL!

2. amftx

amftx Well-Known Member

3. blue collar

blue collar Well-Known Member

:crazy: :butbut:

Brave man....

4. blue collar

blue collar Well-Known Member

Yah i hope for that too...there are too mandy 'dry spells' with retailers.

5. Therendition

Therendition Well-Known Member

6. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My Barrie-lasted PCT calf boots arrived today. They're my first Barrie's and having Modified last boots that fit me perfectly, I was really hoping that a Barrie would work for me. And these are definitely keepers. Which opens a much wider world of boots to pick from now. I do have to say that I still think the ML fits me the best. The Barrie's are little snug across the instep for me (an E width might have done the trick) but being calfskin, I'm hoping they'll mold to my feet over time. Then again, I'm not sure I want any more width in these Barrie's at the heel. That's why the Modified last is so perfect to me. Looking at both the lasts and strictly from a looks standpoint, I prefer the looks and shape of the Barrie.

No comments on my dirty jeans please (I'm in the middle of a six-month project now).

7. BootSpell

Very nice NYR! These will be on my boot bucket list.

It's 88F here today and I'm wearing my boots as well, and have been even when it was over 100F a few days ago.

8. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

Just ordered a pair of cigar LWBs... my first Aldens! Cannot wait for them to arrive :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  9. BootSpell

^ Man, getting into Aldens with a bang! First Aldens and going for shell!! I guess that's the way to do it. Congrats. And isn't the anticipation of waiting for the boots to arrive the greatest? Hope you enjoy!

10. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

I should be specific—by LWB I mean longwing bluchers, not the boots. Yeah, I mean, I have other pairs of nice shoes (Crockett & Jones, Allen Edmonds, et cetera), but the cigar LWB is like my holy grail shoe, and I figured what better time that now, right?

11. AldenLuver

AldenLuver Well-Known Member

12. ElDave

ElDave Well-Known Member

Anybody know if Alden makes any shoes on a crepe sole in 10EEEE? Size ten four E, that's not a type-o. I have a friend with some jacked-up feet who's basically only able to wear Asics (or maybe it's New Balance?) and has engaged me on the dress shoe topic.

He's in IT so his standard of dress is pretty low...if it's leather, it's dressy to him. If you're not outward-facing in IT, apparently black sneakers are acceptable :slayer:

Anybody got any insight on where to find a 10EEEE crepe sole Alden?

13. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

Looks like they only go up to EEE.

He can try a 10.5EEE, that will be very close to the 10EEEE. Conversely, a Barrie on 10EEE might work also. Perhaps he can try something from The Shoemart irregular list to experiment with the fit.

Otherwise, Moulded Shoe will custom make shoes for him if he can drop by the shop.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  14. veedubhkg

veedubhkg Member

15. Renton

Renton Well-Known Member

Looks like some of the orthopedic Alden lasts are available in EEEE width.

http://www.aldenshoe.com/cat_ortho_comf_461.htm

16. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

The ortho lasts have very few styles available. If you can find a Barrie last that fits, you will have numerous options.

The exception being the Trubalance last.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  17. 89826

89826 Well-Known Member

Have taken a shine to J Crew Alden dirty bucks. Their model is unlined and has metal eyelets. Never bought anything there. Do Aldens go on sale? If so, how much and when? TIA

18. thebeebs

thebeebs Well-Known Member

Excellent! That was my first pair as well, about 3 months ago. Now I have 10 pairs [​IMG]

19. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

:crazy:

20. BootSpell

I'll have to tell my wife about you. She won't think I'm so obsessed anymore!! Good grief, Charlie, 10 pair in 3 months!! :D. That is incredibly insane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.