1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Saw these brown LWB at Alden DC. Seemed as if they had just gotten them, so size selection should be good. Give them a call.

2. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

3. mothball

mothball Well-Known Member

These are great.

4. redwinglover

redwinglover Well-Known Member

There seems to be some problems in the quality check.
    [​IMG]

i know it isnt a big issue, and i am not the only one, i will write alden a mail. Unfortunately, no brand of controller is attached, like red wing is doing this. so i can´t kick him in the ass :censored:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  5. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Well-Known Member

as much as id love to snag a pair, going to have to refrain until some of my other stuff sells. where did I learn this self restraint?

6. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

Does everybody size down a half for the Barrie last? I have the unlined Brooks Cordovan Penny Van last (9.D) and my toes are at the end, okay for a loafer but I like some room between my toes and the end of a Blucher. Me = US 9.5E or 9.5D. Ordering the Longwing and don't want to be banging my toes up against the ends. Yes, I've read volumes on this but still uncertain. Thanks for input, I need Whiskey now please....

7. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Well-Known Member

i wear the same size in van and barrie. the barrie fits a hair bigger anyway and the laces will pull your foot back in the shoe. I wear 11d in both and the 11.5 feels massive to me in barrie.

8. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

Great look

1 person likes this.
  9. ElDave

ElDave Well-Known Member

Does it normally take NRO a week to "assemble" an Alden order? Am I being picky after being spoiled from Amazon.com orders?

10. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

Are those Alden's or Red Wings? They look like Red Wing Beckman 9016, but I don't quite understand what you are saying in your post.

11. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

Those are Indys - Red Wing, as far as I know, does not use the pinkish cork sole.

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

NRO definitely isn't the quickest....but your order should be shipping out soon, unless they are using the US holiday this week as an excuse to take even longer. However, with a working 25% off code on Aldens it's tough to complain, although I still do the same thing because I'm impatient too when ordering a stock shoe :)

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

nephew,

mine do not jingle. tell you colleague you are role modeling for the ceo

14. ElDave

ElDave Well-Known Member

I'm a bit torn between "Holy cow, I got a great deal on a pair of Indy boots!" and "Assembled? Put the damn boots in a box and ship them!"

15. mcarthur

enjoy wearing in good health

16. mcarthur

[​IMG]
    cigar lwb
    argyles otc
    [​IMG]

17. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

Right on. I thought it was this.

[​IMG]

Looked similar with the closed heel, but comparing them side-by-side the stitching, and as you mentioned the cork is different. I get what he is saying now, it doesn't have a slip in the box saying "inspected by 76" or anything like that.

18. redwinglover

redwinglover Well-Known Member

yes you are right, my englisch is not that good, and the google translater is not always the best option.

19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

No worries. I think the universal language here is Alden. That photo pretty much says it all, anyway. Have you considered talking with the store you bought the Indy's from? These look brand new. If they are like this right out of the box, I'd start there. If this happened even close to when they were brand new, I'd still try there. Don't know if that's something a local cobbler can fix (looks like it might be), but even if so you don't deserve to have to pay extra for the boot to be wearable.

Good luck.

20. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

I placed an order of shoes and trees on 6/26. On 6/27 I received an email telling me my shoes were 10 weeks out. I cancelled the shoe order via reply email on 6/27 and asked that they send my trees - and I specifically asked for an email acknowledgement. Didn't get one. I emailed again on 6/29 asking the status of the order and to confirm they received my cancellation. Still no response. I checked my cc and saw that it was charged - just for the trees - on 6/28. I still have no idea if they have shipped?? Curious, if nothing else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.