1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mg428

mg428 Well-Known Member

i bought it from hong kong around one year ago.

Did you buy them from Tassels? If so, they must be the storm-welted version of J. Gilbert boots with pull tabs. How much did you pay for them?

2. JTK

JTK Well-Known Member

Any word on when the Leather Soul store in Beverly Hills will open??

3. Timmbo

Timmbo Well-Known Member

Could someone post a picture of some Indys paired with slim, tapered denim? I'm trying to decide on a pair of brown leather boots to wear with my APC New Cures for everyday use.

4. edmond_evo6

edmond_evo6 Active Member

Did you buy them from Tassels? If so, they must be the storm-welted version of J. Gilbert boots with pull tabs. How much did you pay for them?

yes from tassles.but mine have not the pull tabs. i know that they have order the pull tabs version after i bought my boots.i get my boot around $5200hkd one year ago.

5. bananananana

bananananana Well-Known Member

I know it's been discussed before but haven't seen a real definitive answer.

What's the sizing like on the Grant last? Size down .5 like the barrie or tts? I'm a 7.5D in an AE, with the #5 last fitting best, a 7D in the barrie and the aberdeen. I tried on a 7.5 in the aberdeen and it was way too long for me.

6. Dexter_

Dexter_ Well-Known Member

All I could find is this. I will appreciate if my dear forumites can post some more.

Nice! I've seen other pics of these boots next to a cigar indy. I guess over time the burgundy fades a little bit and the brown shade comes out more.

Yes, very nice and versatile. They should age well. [​IMG]

Just called them up and no 9D. [​IMG] Man, why is it when I decide what to get, there is no size lol.

I do not have #8 Indy's but I would just do it. Classic combo. IMHO you cannot go wrong with Chromexcel, #8 or Cigar Shell Indy's. All should be more versatile and richer looking than black with a new pair of #8 looking black in less than perfect lighting.

The #8 is very tempting to me.

Uhhhh... just saw some pics of the Cigar Indy. [​IMG] LS is all sold out, anyone know where to get one???

7. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Well-Known Member

Uhhhh... just saw some pics of the Cigar Indy. [​IMG] LS is all sold out, anyone know where to get one???

Leffot. Tell them I sent you [​IMG]

8. Trapp

Trapp Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed that all cigar indy boots are storm welted while the color 8's seem to omit the storm welt? I wonder why that is...

Maybe there are some color 8 indy releases that do have a storm welt. But I haven't seen it.

9. Trapp

Trapp Well-Known Member

Leffot. Tell them I sent you [​IMG]

Leffot calls their cigar boots the 'J.C. indy boot' but they are no longer taking orders for it (according to the site).

10. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Well-Known Member

Any word on when the Leather Soul store in Beverly Hills will open??

May-June.

11. amlai

amlai Well-Known Member

Can someone PLEASE post some photos of #8 indy boots with jeans?

Haha... I swear it seems like almost all of the #8 Indy boot with jeans pictures are mine...

My 45rpm Sorahiko's with #8 Indy boot featured in the 45rpm Denim Diary:
    http://www.rby45rpm.com/whats_090213/index.php

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

Nice boots amlai.

For those with experience of both the plaza and leydon lasts, a question.

I own a pair of boots on plaza last in 9.5D. They fit well, but are perhaps just *slightly* too snug in terms of width, especially the toe box.

In terms of length, they are pretty much dead on, but any less and I'd be in trouble.

So, would a Leydon, in 9.5E, offer more width and length? Or in would they be too short length-wise if the plaza is already right on the verge?

13. jet

jet Well-Known Member

amlai awesome my bro

14. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

Found these today, new and unworn:

[​IMG]

15. Dexter_

Dexter_ Well-Known Member

Leffot calls their cigar boots the 'J.C. indy boot' but they are no longer taking orders for it (according to the site).

Yup, saw that too!

I guess waiting 6 months for #8 and even longer for a Cigar is the norm when hunting for these boots [​IMG]

16. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to picking up a pair of the J Crew Indy Boots. Unfortunately, they're sold out of them for about a month, which gives me some more time to save up!
    I'm a 10D in Allen Edmonds Wingtips...would this make me a 9.5 for the Indys?
    I figured I'd ask, though I should also go to another store that carries Indys and try on a pair...

You should be fine with a 9 1/2D

I can deal with living vicariously through you. [​IMG]

Patience. [​IMG]

17. joel_954

joel_954 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a 35mm belt to go with my #8 Alden Longwings. I want it to have a silver color buckle, if possible. Anyone know where to get one? I looked at Ben Silver's belt and I'm not sure if it is 30mm or 35mm, plus it has a gold color buckle.

18. srivats

srivats Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed that all cigar indy boots are storm welted while the color 8's seem to omit the storm welt? I wonder why that is...

Maybe there are some color 8 indy releases that do have a storm welt. But I haven't seen it.

Here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here's my no.8 indy

19. mechanical pencil

mechanical pencil Well-Known Member

20. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.