1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kippy

kippy Well-Known Member

Very nice. Are those grey/blue laces? If so, are they 3rd party?

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Generally, the Leydon should fit about 1/2 size smaller than the Trubalance, and if your 11.5D is a little wide, then there's a decent chance you may be able to fit into the 12C suede chukka. Good luck and hopefully TSM still had that one pair available!

3. halberdklown

halberdklown Well-Known Member

those are the standard wax laces. the color is just lighting

4. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

just received my first pair of #8 LWB from TSM. altho they are seconds but I think the flaws that I can find is easily ignorable. the right vamp has a very slight discoloration than the left and you cannot really tell. There is a tiny scratch on it which is invisible if you are actually wearing it.

the moment I open that box that picked up the shoes I know that my indulgence will never end. but, I LOVE IT. :slayer::slayer:

here are some pics, pics did not show the minor discoloration and the scratch, if anyone want them I can post them later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  5. keithp3521

keithp3521 Well-Known Member

Very nice.

I have purchased the same shoes from that very seller. Absolutely cannot wait to get them.

6. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

Yes, that is correct. Everything looked blue in that pic for some reason. Must have been the reflection off the carpet.

7. Dayman

Dayman Well-Known Member

These are DC Lewis, a forum members shoe line. They had some samples made of different shoes and a boot and sold them on here a few months ago. These were made with Horween cordovan.

8. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

9. Calikid

Calikid Well-Known Member

kind of like this one?

[​IMG]

10. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

F it, I preordered the Ravello wing tip boots from Shoemart. Crazy thing was that she said they placed a re-order just last month including 2 pairs in 8D and one was already spoken for. I figured I had to secure my pair as I think it's veryyyy unlikely a secondhand pair in like new condition is going to come about.

Now a 6-12 month wait :fu::fu::fu: I'm not buying another pair of shoes until then unless something really, really good comes about.

11. sunman42000

sunman42000 Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Trubalance Last Indy Boots in natural CXL.
    However, my questions is - they are marked "9 B/D". What does B/D mean? I assume they are D width because that is what I ordered, but what is the "B" part?

any help would be great

12. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

EDIT-see below

13. Therendition

Therendition Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, B refers to the width of the heel, while D refers to the width of the front of the shoe. Can anyone corroborate this?

14. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

Rendition upon some googling you're totally right! A 2 letter drop is quite common, most shoemakers just don't list it. Hence C/E for the wide width models.

15. sunman42000

sunman42000 Well-Known Member

16. kram6136

kram6136 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I guess having a pair stashed in the briefcase would be handy for those sudden showers.

17. Kwaker

Kwaker Well-Known Member

I have 2 pairs of 8.5D Kenwoods (India not USA), a LWB in 8D (Barrie) and Indy in 8D. They all fit very similar, but the Indy has the room for hiking socks, while the other are ideal of the usual dress sock.

18. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

There were multiple replies, but the B/D refers to the "combination last" meaning the toe box is a "D" and the hell is a "B". I've found Aldens to have a superior fit which I attribute to the use of the combination last.

19. furo

furo Well-Known Member

This is precisely why I suggest avoiding shell if/when rain is in the forecast. Letting droplets linger on the shoe is exactly why I prefer calf, because I don't need to worry. At all. I don't need to think about it. At all.

Why even go through the hassle of having to dry off your shell right after they get the slightest amount of rain drops on them?

20. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Oh great. Thanks for being an enabler. :)
    Very nice. I have a pair of these very LBWs, nominally first quality, and there's definitely a splotch of something on the vamp of one shoe. Don't worry about any of it. You will enjoy wearing these and they will just look nicer an nicer as you do. And they smell pretty good, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.