1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatszu

gatszu Well-Known Member

Yes

2. Profligate47

Profligate47 Well-Known Member

Ravello LHS

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. zennypoo

zennypoo Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, a quick bump for the color 8 NST monkstrap order. The response has been great and we are up to 11/12! :slayer:

We only need one more to complete the order, but more couldn't hurt. I'd like to get this order closed ASAP and off to production!

Feel free to PM me with questions/concerns, if you are committed then please include your name, plaza size, and best email in a PM to me.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

The King today

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  5. domer

domer New Member

Hi everyone! First post here. I found some Alden shoes on sale at Kafka. I was able to pick up Cordovan Long Wing Blucher for 362GBP ($535) shipped to the U.S. after joining the site and using code PATRONPRE. Not a great selection, but there are definitely some good options on there. Seemed like a pretty good deal so I wanted to pass it along.

EDIT: According to an earlier post in this thread, the shoes are a US width E even though it is not listed.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

They've got my size in the 403 Indy. I've been close to ordering because I've wanted an Indy and it's an excellent price, but I'm not 100% that I wouldn't prefer a different makeup, even if I end up paying full retail...

And yes, they are US E width.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  7. jjschube

jjschube Well-Known Member

The code doesn't work :(

8. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

I tried on a variety of Plaza sizes with Kathy's assistance, and there isn't a great size for me. This is going to be a super-cool makeup, but sadly I'm out :(

9. M635Guy

On a side note, I noticed they had several pairs of the classic build of the 405 Indy boot with the cotton duck/muslin lining in stock. I hadn't see one before, but guessing it would be a good summer configuration...

I think they're actually on sale, but you'd want to touch base with Alden of DC.

10. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 people like this.
  11. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

LHS and Rivets today

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. M635Guy

I can only Spoiler one pic of those gems. Hoping to have a pair one of these days...

1 person likes this.
  13. domer

domer New Member

Maybe it expired? You definitely need to be logged in to use it. I actually don't even need the code anymore to see the price I mentioned, but it is calling me a 'patron' now, maybe because I placed an order.

Given the complete disaster that is the currency market right now, the cost for those in the states has dropped considerably since I made the earlier post...

14. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

15. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Thinking I have to sell my snuff unlined chukka boots...stupid of me to ignore all the sizing advice.

They're 11.5 E (so fit 11.5 D).

Shoot me a pm if you like...I'll get around to listing eventually. They've been worn twice to work.

16. kelpqq

kelpqq Well-Known Member

I brought two pairs from them lately. Oregon Hill Indys and Color 8 PTBs.

While I have not tried the "robinson" PTB but I would not hesitant to order from NeedSupply Co, they offer free shipping and free returns. Go try it out. This particular make up is on the TB last which is rare from shoes.

17. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Those Ravellos are just getting nicer each time Henry! Those socks are kind of fun as well!

Thanks guys!

Great looking LHS. The Ravello is such a nice LHS color with the contrasting strap. +1 for the khakis and argyles.

Killer looking 975s! Looking spiffy with the fine argyles and gray suit!

I am very glad that you got to go and see Kathy! They are fantastic!!! I am sorry about the Plaza Last, that is unusual that it doesn't work, but we all have different feet!

Looking good Dan! Great choice, I wore my Ravello pair yesterday for this campaign.

DonL, always killing it with them Choco Suede Tankers. I am pertty sure your pair motivated many of us to do the run via Madison.

Wow Burzan, that is a great combination. I don't know if I have seen wine pants with Color 8, but that is just cool!

-Mike

18. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Thursday. The King LWB. Brooks Bros Blue and Gray Argyles. Epaulet Silver Shadow Merino Wool Windowpane Walt Trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

6 people like this.
  19. zennypoo

zennypoo Well-Known Member

Kathy is fantastic, one of the best in the business. Glad you have a great experience there, and I'm sorry the plaza sizing didn't work out for you. It can be a tough fit, I find the non-shell plaza to be somewhat problematic for me as well. Dan

20. AMD500

AMD500 Well-Known Member

Got these for a steal on eBay. Need a little rehab, but for 35+ 9.99 shipping can't be beat! I'll post before and after pics once I give them a little TLC
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.